Sport and Exercise Science (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Sport and Exercise Science (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)
Our Sport and Exercise Science (including foundation year) BSc (Hons) is an alternative route into undergraduate study if you don’t have the necessary qualifications or can’t meet the entry requirements to begin your studies on the standard course. On completion of this four-year degree you’ll graduate with the same title and award as students who study the traditional three-year course.
We've been ranked among the top 30 UK universities – and best in central London – for sports science in the Guardian's 2020 university league tables.
On this four-year course you’ll develop in-depth knowledge in the field of sport and exercise science, including physiology, anatomy, psychology and coaching. You'll achieve an understanding of the role of therapists and scientists in sport and learn about the ways in which these roles may help to increase performance or prevent injury.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma) but may not have achieved the appropriate grades to immediately join a BSc program
- English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent).
Applicants who meet the UCAS points criteria but who obtained a D (grade 3) in English and/or Maths at GCSE may be offered a University test in these areas
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Nutrition & Sports Science
- Nutrition and Sports Science
- Scientific Studies
- Foundations of Sport Psychology and Coaching
- Human Anatomy and Biomechanics
- Human Physiology and Training Principles
- Sports Research Skills
- Biomechanics and Control of Human Movement
- Exercise Physiology
- Psychological Factors in Sport: Individuals and Teams
- Sports Science Research Methods
- Contemporary Issues in Sport
- Practical Delivery in Coaching and Teaching
- Advanced Biomechanics
- Applied Clinical and Exercise Physiology
- Sport Psychology and the Elite Athlete
- Sports Science and Therapy Dissertation
- Business Developments in Health Sciences
- Sports Science Work Placement
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the three-year course
This degree will prepare you for a career in both commercial and scientific settings. You’ll receive general scientific training and gain a range of transferable skills that will enable you to take a wide range of roles.
Our graduates have gone into roles in sports therapy at AFC Wimbledon and holistic training at Educogym.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Sport and Exercise Science (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America