Social Work (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Full-time)
Our Social Work (including foundation year) BSc (Hons) is an alternative route into social work studies if you don’t meet the necessary requirements to enter the standard undergraduate degree.
This four-year course has a built-in preparatory year, designed to equip you with confidence and vital study skills, such as essay writing, research and critical thinking. You’ll benefit from an extra year that will help you succeed at undergraduate level, but you’ll graduate with the same award and title as students on the standard three-year course.
Our social work bachelor's degree with a foundation year will provide you with knowledge, skills and experience to enter or progress your career within the health and social care sector.
The foundation year will equip you with valuable transferable skills that will help you succeed in any workplace – you’ll learn how to manage your workload, critically analyse information and improve your academic writing skills. During the foundation year, you’ll also complete a taster module in social work, so that you can prepare for more in-depth study of the subject in the subsequent three years of your course.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 40 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE's at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Thinking
- Interventions for Change
- Media, Crime and 'Race'
- Reflecting on Self and Society
- Researching Discrimination
- Researching Inequality
- Social Issues in Context: Text to Essay
- Understanding Social Work
- Assessing, Planning and Professional Ethics
- Communication, Skills and Values in Social Work
- Human Growth and Development: A Life Course Perspective
- Social Context for Social Work
- Inter-Professional Practice
- Law for Social Work Practice
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Social Work Practice Learning 1
- Theoretical Perspectives in Social Work
- Effective Social Work Practice with Children and Adults
- Research Project
- Social Work Practice Learning 2
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the three-year course.
On graduation you’ll be eligible to apply to the Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) (or Social Work England from December 2019) to register as a social worker, which is a protected title in the UK.
As the course content covers all aspects of social care, you will be able to seek work opportunities in all fields of social care work – from working with children and families to looking after people with mental health or addiction problems.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Social Work (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America