Social Work BSc
Accredited by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC), this demanding Social Work BSc course will enable you to practise as a social worker. You’ll benefit from our extensive links with statutory organisations, local authorities and the voluntary sector, as well as from the experience our lecturers bring to the classroom.
London Met is the preferred provider of the North East London (NEL) commissioning panel, representing the Social Work Development Partnership of five local authorities. The partnership has commissioned us to train existing social workers to supervise graduates starting out in social work, which means you’ll receive a continuity of support from London Met throughout your career.
Social work is a profession that has its history rooted in the principles of equality and social justice. This social work course is informed by research, evidence, current police and practice. You’ll learn in a structured and dynamic environment with considerable interaction with experienced academic staff, social care service users, as well as key partners and practitioners. Your learning will be enriched by fellow students from within health and social care sector who’ll share their experience, cultivating collaborative practice for providing service user-centred health and social care.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum of grades BBB in A levels (or a minimum of 120 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg Extended Diploma)
- GCSE Mathematics and English grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent qualification, eg Functional Skills Maths Level 2 and English Level 2)
- two references that demonstrate a minimum of 12 weeks previous experience (at the point of application) either in a paid or voluntary capacity of working directly with vulnerable people normally within a social care or health context
- a minimum of 12 weeks' previous experience (at the point of application) either in a paid or voluntary capacity of working directly with vulnerable people, normally within a social care or health context – Employer reference/s are required to verify your work experience
- enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
If you do not have traditional qualifications or cannot meet the entry requirements for this undergraduate degree, you may still be able to gain entry by completing the Social Work (including foundation year) BA (Hons).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Assessing, Planning and Professional Ethics
- Communication, Skills and Values in Social Work
- Human Growth and Development: A Life Course Perspective
- Social Context for Social Work
- Inter-Professional Practice
- Law for Social Work Practice
- Safeguarding Children and Adults
- Social Work Practice Learning 1
- Theoretical Perspectives in Social Work
- Effective Social Work Practice with Children and Adults
- Research Project
- Social Work Practice Learning 2
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
Professions Council (HCPC) for registration as a social worker. Social work is a protected title and only those registered can work in social work roles.
As the course leads to a generic social work qualification, you will not be limited to any particular field of social work. Our graduates take up posts in both statutory and non statutory settings and with different care groups including children and families, adult social care, mental health and working with older people and those with learning disabilities.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Social Work BSc? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America