Public Art and Performance - MA (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Public Art and Performance - MA (Full-time)
Our Public Art and Performance MA prepares artists and art professionals for the increasing demand in the sector to develop publicly interactive, performative and immersive work.
In association with Tate Exchange at Tate Modern and in collaboration with national and international art organisations and institutions, this MA degree encourages a practical and industry-minded approach to exploring how contemporary art experiences engage with the public.
The course is designed to develop career paths for artists, curators and facilitators interested in any creative medium (visual art, performance, video, installation, sculpture and digital art), with a specific focus on developing public-facing projects.
All tutors are internationally recognised industry professionals, approaching this subject from different angles and areas of expertise.
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of a 2.2 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject discipline
A full university application form will need to be submitted, which includes a detailed statement to support your application to the course. You should also submit an up-to-date CV and copies of award certificates.
All candidates will be invited for an interview, for which they need to prepare either a portfolio of work or a detailed example of a subject-related project.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Autumn term modules:
- Public Art and Performative Practices
- Research for Practice
- Professional Focus 1: Public Art Funding and Commissions
Spring term modules:
- Public Art and Performative Practices (continued)
- Research for Practice (continued)
- Professional Focus 2: Project Managing Public Art
Summer term modules:
- Project as Professional Practice (incorporating the course’s Public Art/ Performance major project)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £8,950 per year
- International Students: £13,250 per year
Build your knowledge of the art world and discover careers in a growing field within the industry.Career opportunities include:
- professional artists, whose work explores the idea of public engagement, communicated in any medium, including visual art and performance
- performance practitioners, exploring audience interaction and participation
- project leaders and facilitators in the field of public engagement, working creatively with teams and partners
- managers and administrators in public art, outreach and participation
- curators of public programs and events
- academics and communicators in the field of public art and public engagement
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Public Art and Performance - MA (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Pretoria, South Africa