Psychology and Sociology BSc (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Psychology and Sociology BSc (Full-time)
This course combines the insights of psychology with those of sociology, enabling you to better understand human behaviour and the different genetic, biological, individual, social and developmental factors that can influence it. You’ll have the opportunity to specialise in areas of interest, such as ethnicity, youth and workplace psychology.
This joint honours degree will allow you to look at human behaviour from two different perspectives. Psychology integrates theory and evidence-based knowledge from areas including genetics, biology, individuality and development. Sociology looks at contemporary social issues, practical sociological research and social relations.
Over the course of this degree you’ll develop an understanding of both disciplines and gain the essential research and analytical skills required in both subjects. You’ll look at humans as individuals and communities, while exploring issues that are becoming increasingly relevant in today’s society such as global inequality, gender and sexuality and religion.
Chat live with students from London Met
Do you want to know what it's like to study at London Metropolitan University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum of grades BCC in three A levels or minimum grades BC in at least two A levels in academic or business subjects (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma; or Advanced Diploma; or Progression Diploma; or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits)
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
If you don't have traditional qualifications or can't meet the entry requirements for this undergraduate degree, you may still be able to gain entry by completing our Psychology (including foundation year) BSc.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cognitive and Developmental Psychology
- Personality and Social Psychology
- Researching Social Life
- Sociological Imagination
- Individual Differences and Social Psychology
- Interactive Research Methods
- Self and Society
- Sociology of Everyday Life
- Developmental Psychology and Cognition
- Global Inequalities in the 21st Century
- Racism and Ethnicity
- Youth, Resistance and Social Control
- Living Theory
- Psychology and Sociology Dissertation
- Clinical and Health Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
- Cultural and Social Psychology
- Forensic Psychology
- Gender and Sexuality
- Inclusion and Special Educational Needs
- Judgement and Decision Making
- Psychology of Learning and Education
- Religion and the State
- Sociology and Social Policy Work Placement
- Special Topics in Personality and Social Psychology
- Work Psychology
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
How much you pay in tuition fees depends on which country you come from and whether you are a full-time or part-time student. Please visit the course page on university website for fee information particular to that course.
It’s a great preparation for postgraduate study.
This course opens up job opportunities in the private and public sectors. Examples of our sociology orientated graduates include those now working as a human resources officer at Clarins and a prison custody officer at Sodexo, while our psychology inclined graduates have gone on to become support workers at Creative Support, a special needs teaching assistant at Edustaff and more.
The skills you’ll develop are transferable across an even wider range of sectors, such as advertising, public relations and marketing.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Psychology and Sociology BSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...