Primary Education (Two-year Accelerated Degree) BALondon Metropolitan University
Primary Education (Two-year Accelerated Degree) BA
Prepare yourself to become a teacher with London Met’s accelerated degree in Primary Education. This two-year long, full honours degree equips you with the knowledge, skills and understanding to build your professional career, including access to Qualified Teacher Status.
An accelerated degree course only takes two years to complete by having three semesters instead of two. The three semesters are October to January, February to early May and May to late July.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum of three A levels with grades BBC (or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC National, OCR Diploma or Advanced Diploma)
- GCSE English and either Mathematics or Science at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
If you do not hold a GCSE at grade C/4 or above in either Mathematics or science, you will need to gain this in order to be considered for a PGCE. Students graduating from the degree who hold a GCSE grade C/4 or equivalent in English and either Mathematics or science are guaranteed an interview for a PGCE or equivalent route to QTS at London Met.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Curriculum, Learners and Learning I
- Global Challenges: Inclusion in Practice
- Succeeding in HE: Criticality in Reading, Writing and Argument
- Understanding Education Policy, Themes and Issues
- Working with Children and Preparing for Professional Practice
- Action Research for Practitioners: Placement and Project
- Curriculum, Learners and Learning II
- Education and Children's Lives: Social Worlds of Childhood
- From Elementary Schooling to 'Good Primary Practice'
- Teachers, Learners, and Schools in the 21st Century
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £11,100 per year
- International Students: £15,770 per year
Our two-year Primary Education BA is primarily focused on progression to the role of classroom teacher for children aged between three and 12, following subsequent completion of QTS.
This course also supports those wishing to enter para- or alternative professional roles within the primary school, including those offering support for specific needs, mentoring, skills coaching and more. As a full honours degree, it opens up options for postgraduate study and career development across a number of fields concerned with children and their well-being beyond the classroom.
Our graduates pursue careers in:
- Primary teaching [after completing a one-year PGCE]
- Social work [after completion of a two-year MA Social Work]
- Education settings in a variety of roles
- Charities and local community projects
- Further and higher education lecturing
- Government, private and voluntary sectors
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Primary Education (Two-year Accelerated Degree) BA? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America