Police Studies, Procedure and Investigation (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Police Studies, Procedure and Investigation (Including Foundation Year) (Full-time)
Our Police Studies, Procedure and Investigation (including foundation year) BSc is the perfect choice if want to enter an undergraduate degree in policing but don’t hold traditional qualifications or the necessary entry requirements. Completion of the course will earn you the same award and title as students who entered via the three-year route.
During the foundation year, you’ll develop academic skills that will allow you to succeed at undergraduate study and progress into a career in policing or criminal justice.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Thinking
- Interventions for Change
- Media, Crime and 'Race'
- Reflecting on Self and Society
- Researching Discrimination
- Researching Inequality
- Social Issues in Context: Text to Essay
- Studying London
- Criminal Law
- Introduction to Criminological Theory
- Introduction to Policing
- Introduction to the Criminal Justice System
- Crime in Context
- Measuring and Interpreting Crime
- Perspectives on Policing
- Crime, Media and Technology
- Youth, Crime and Violence
- Criminology Work Experience
- Frameworks in Investigation
- Victims and Crime
- Criminology Project
- Evidence-based Policing Research Project
- Crime Control and Penology
- Serious and Serial Offenders
- Social Control, Drugs and Organised Crime
- Terrorism and Counter-Terrorism
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,150 per year
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the three-year course.
There are options for postgraduate study at London Met, which will allow you to gain more links with police forces thanks to the important research culture in units such as our John Grieve Centre.
Graduates from our criminology related courses enter a range of careers including police officers, special constables, investigating analysts, support workers, senior detective constables, investigating analysts and probation officers. They now work for organisations as diverse as the Metropolitan Police, Ten Intelligence, Mears, the Finnish Police and the London Community Rehabilitation Company.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Police Studies, Procedure and Investigation (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Windsor (Ontario, Canada), Canada