Pharmaceutical Science MSci (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Pharmaceutical Science MSci (Full-time)
This Pharmaceutical Science MSci is a four-year course that combines bachelor’s and master's levels of study. You’ll be taught about the methods used to develop safe drugs that are able to reach specific parts of the body with minimal side effects.
This course will give you the opportunity to explore regulatory frameworks that govern the progression of new chemical entities to the marketplace that will enable you to work safely in the mainstream pharmaceutical, biotech or healthcare and consumer industries. On graduation you will be able to demonstrate to future employers that you’re equipped to work ethically and professionally in the design of medicines for healthcare.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- a minimum of grades BCC in three A levels including grade B in chemistry (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Progression Diploma or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits)
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
You will be considered on a case-by-case basis if you hold relevant professional qualifications or extensive professional experience.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Example Year 1 modules include:
- Laboratory Science
- General and Organic Chemistry
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Concepts in Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Drugs: Delivery and Action
- Quantitative Analysis
- Spectroscopic Methods
- Molecular Biology
- Human Immunity
- Inorganic Chemistry
Example Year 2 modules include:
- Formulation and Quality Assurance of Medicines
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Research Project
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Natural Products
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry and Materials
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry
- Systems Pharmacology
- Advanced Bioanalytical Science
- Sandwich Placement
- Work Placement
Example Year 3 modules include:
- Research Project
- Advanced Drug Formulation Technologies
- Scientific Frameworks for Research
- Drug Discovery Technology
- Industrial Pharmaceutical Technology and Controls
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Bioinformatics and Molecular Modelling
- Drug Delivery Systems
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
How much you pay in tuition fees depends on which country you come from and whether you are a full-time or part-time student. Please visit the course page on university website for fee information particular to that course.
Following successful completion of this course you will be able to go into roles relating to:
- the formulation and manufacture of pharmaceuticals
- drug safety
- regulatory affairs
There is also a strong emphasis on developing transferable skills throughout the course, equipping you with extensive analytical and mathematical skills, which would allow you to pursue roles in teaching, finance, management and more.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Pharmaceutical Science MSci (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Indianapolis, United States of America