Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)
Our Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery (including foundation year) BSc (Hons) is a four-year degree course with a built-in foundation year (Year 0) – it’s the ideal course if you’re interested in studying medicinal chemistry or drug discovery related subjects at university but you can't meet the necessary entry requirements required to start a standard degree.
The foundation year is intended to prepare you for your subsequent years of studying chemistry and subjects allied to the pharmaceutical industries, but will also provide you with key study and laboratory skills that will help you succeed at undergraduate level.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent eg Functional Skills at Level 2) – if you meet the UCAS points criteria but have obtained a D (grade 3) in English and/or Maths at GCSE you may be offered a University test in these areas
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Scientific Studies
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Concepts in Chemistry
- General and Organic Chemistry
- Laboratory Science
- Drug Discovery
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Principles of Pharmacodynamics and Drug Actions
- Quantitative Analysis
- Spectroscopic Methods
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry and Materials
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Bioinformatics & Molecular Modelling
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Research Project
- Advanced Bioanalytical Science
- Sandwich Placement
- Work Placement
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,700 per year
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the three-year course.
This degree provided the perfect foundation for postgraduate study.
The degree can open up a wide range of opportunities in the pharmaceuticals industry. You could find yourself working on drug design, pharmaceutical analysis or research, but there are also opportunities to go into other areas such as teaching, finance or management.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia