Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery BSc (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery BSc (Full-time)
The UK has a solid pharmaceutical sector that is driven by innovation and the desire to make a real difference. The pharmaceutical industry has a need for highly skilled graduates with a strong background in organic chemistry, coupled with an understanding of drug discovery and biochemical areas.
Our Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery BSc course has been designed to ensure you have the skills needed to succeed in the pharmaceutical industry.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- at least a minimum of grades BCC with CC expected in Chemistry and Biology (or a minimum of 104 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma/Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Progression Diploma or Access to HE Diploma with 60 credits) but must also meet the science entry requirements described above. You should take level 3 qualifications in Chemistry and Biology in addition to your Advanced Diploma.
- GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C (or grade 4) or above (or equivalent)
If you don't have traditional qualifications or can't meet the entry requirements for this undergraduate degree, you may still be able to gain entry by completing our Sciences (including foundation year) BSc (Hons).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Concepts in Chemistry
- General and Organic Chemistry
- Laboratory Science
- Drug Discovery
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Principles of Pharmacodynamics and Drug Actions
- Quantitative Analysis
- Spectroscopic Methods
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry and Materials
- Advanced Organic Chemistry
- Bioinformatics & Molecular Modelling
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Research Project
- Advanced Bioanalytical Science
- Sandwich Placement
- Work Placement
Modules and module details are subject to change over time.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university website for more information.
- UK/EU Students: £9,250 per year
- International Students: £12,150 per year
You may want to progress to further study, opting to undertake an MSc or a PhD.
On graduation you will be equipped to take up an exciting role in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or consulting industries.
Careers include roles in medicinal chemistry, drug design, pharmaceutical analysis and research. The strong emphasis on developing transferable skills, with extensive analytical and mathematical skills, could alternatively lead you to pursue a career in teaching, finance or management.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery BSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia