Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management (Part-time)London Metropolitan University
International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management (Part-time)
Why study this course?
Our International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management MSc will provide you with strong academic and professional skills that will help you to become a leader within events, leisure, tourism or the wider creative industries sectors.
The Program combines the principles of generic and specific management knowledge. It will provide you with the opportunity to develop relevant skills that will help you become a senior figure in events, leisure, tourism or another related sector. At the same time it will help you to develop broader skills and attributes, which will enable you to succeed in the general management sector.
Our postgraduate International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management MSc course will offer you an opportunity to progress your career in the sector by providing you with an in-depth knowledge of the issues relating to management, as well as the core business functions of events, leisure, tourism and the wider creative industries sectors. We’ll also provide you with an international perspective into current industry challenges, including understanding the impact on matters of globalisation of business, ethical and legal implications, the social and environment impact, profitability and much more.
The Program has been designed by London Metropolitan University experts and external specialist advisors, who possess extensive experience in their respective sectors and are aware of the skills which are necessary to succeed in the industry. The degree structure encourages in-depth learning of key functions within events, leisure and tourism, while giving you the opportunity to study the general field of business management with two elective postgraduate modules from the wide portfolio of the Guildhall School of Business and Law. This combination of events, leisure and tourism subjects will give you greater flexibility to decide which particular sector you’d like to go into after graduation. It will also improve your career prospects as many organisations in the wider creative industries sector work across these three industries.
Our course is designed to mimic the real world of events, leisure and tourism so that you’ll graduate with the ability to successfully achieve desired objectives, both alone and as part of a team. The collective involvement of students and teaching staff will enhance your learning experience and professional development. You’ll not only learn through academic theory, but also through practical problem-solving activities where you’ll work on solutions individually or draw on other students’ experience in group tasks.
You will be required to have:
- An honours degree with minimum lower second (2.2) in related academic of business-related subjects or two or more years of professional or industry-relevant experience (proven track record, employers’ letter, professional qualifications etc)
- A minimum of GCSE grade C/grade 4 or above in English and Maths, or Functional Skills Level 2 (pass)
- Two letters of reference about your suitability to undertake academic studies at master’s level
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Accounting and Finance for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Dissertation for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Fundraising and PR for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Marketing Management for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Project and Quality Management for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Research Methodology for Events, Leisure and Tourism
- Developing Effectiveness in Management and Leadership
- Employment Law and Practice
- Innovation Management
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Leading, Managing and Developing People
- People and Organisations: Principles and Practice in Global Contexts
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
- UK/EU students: £995 per 20 credit module
- International students: £1,470 per 20 credit module
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Our International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management MSc offers opportunities to pursue career routes in events, leisure, tourism and the broader creative industries sector, both in the UK and internationally.
On graduation, you should be equipped for executive, management and leadership related positions in the creative industries sector in UK and internationally. Our course is designed for both those already working in the industry (as a career booster) or those seeking to enter the industry or the wider sectors.
For current and aspiring managers, leaders and executives, the course will offer an opportunity to enhance and improve your academic skills and develop industry-specific knowledge.
Potential career routes, destinations and jobs for graduates include:
- Events management and executives
- Leisure executives and managers
- Tourism executives and managers
- Hotel managers and executives
- Conference executives and managers
- Entrepreneurships routes
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about International Events, Leisure and Tourism Management (Part-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...