Interior Architecture and Design (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Interior Architecture and Design (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Interior Architecture and Design (including foundation year) BA (Hons) is designed to help you build a portfolio of work, while developing the skills necessary to begin an undergraduate degree.
This course is also a gateway into an undergraduate degree if you don’t meet the necessary requirements for the three-year course.
This course adopts an innovative approach to teaching, designed to help you explore your capabilities and guide you towards establishing an individual direction within creative practices at The Cass.
The intensive foundation year will be shared with other students at The Cass and will help you develop knowledge and skills related to a range of specialist undergraduate degree Program s. In your first term you’ll start by taking part in a range of short studio and workshop projects in visual imagery and practical making. The following term will cover spatial and orthogonal drawing, inhabitation, materials, process, modelling, structure, scale and surface.
The subsequent three years of your studies will be shared with students starting their studies on the three-year course. To learn more about the course content during the final three years please visit our Interior Architecture and Design BA (Hons) course page.
If you’d like to change your specialism following the foundation year, there will be flexibility to allow you to do this.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- You will need to attend an interview with your portfolio of creative work. If you live outside of the UK, you will be required to submit a small portfolio of work via email.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical & Contextual Studies: Foundation
- Critical & Contextual Studies 1 (Interiors)
- Design Principles for Interiors
- Interior Materials and Technologies
- Spatial Design Development
- Critical & Contextual Studies 2 (Interiors)
- Design Details
- Human Scale
- Interior Technologies and Production
- Critical & Contextual Studies 3: Dissertation (Interiors)
- Integrated Design Practice
- Major Project Realisation: Interior Architecture and Design
- Project Design and Development for Interiors
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £14,000 per year
On graduation you continue your studies at postgraduate level.
On graduation you’ll be able to work in design or architectural practices.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Interior Architecture and Design (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...