Film and Television Studies (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Film and Television Studies (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Film and Television Studies (including foundation year) BA (Hons) is ideal if you’d like to pursue a degree in film studies but can’t meet the necessary requirements to enter the standard three-year degree. This course has a built-in foundation year that is designed to prepare you for more rigorous study in the subsequent three years of your course.
You’ll graduate with the same award and title as students on the three-year Program .
Our Film and Television Studies (including foundation year) BA (Hons) will equip you with knowledge about the film and television industry, as well as transferable and practical skills that are applicable in the real-world.
The foundation year will be shared with students from other foundation year degrees in the School of Computing and Digital Media. This will be the ideal opportunity to meet students from different specialisms and exchange ideas on the Program you study.
Throughout your degree you’ll receive academic and pastoral support from your tutors and academic mentor. There will also be opportunities to attend career-related workshops, which can help you with skills, such as job application writing and interview techniques.
Following your foundation year you’ll study the same course content and have the same choice of modules as students on the traditional three-year course. Visit our Film and Television Studies BA (Hons) course page to learn more about the subsequent three years of your studies.
If, at the end of your foundation year, you’d like to change your specialism there will be flexibility to allow you to do this.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent, eg Functional Skills at Level 2), if you meet the UCAS points criteria but obtained a grade D/3 in English at GCSE you may be offered a University test in this area
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction : Film, TV and Broadcast Media
- Introduction: Digital Media
- Introduction: Journalism and Writing for Media
- Introduction: Media and Communications
- Approaches to Film and Television
- Film and TV Practice 1
- Film and TV Production 1
- Film and Television Histories
- American Cinema
- Cinema and Television in Europe
- Contemporary American Television
- Film and TV Industry Roles
- Stardom and Performance
- Work Related Learning for Media 1
- Film Reception and Interpretation
- Project (Film and Television Studies)
- Screening America in Hollywood Film
- The French New Wave
- The Hollywood Musical
- Writing for Film and Television
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
On graduation you’ll also have opportunities to enter postgraduate study.
This course will prepare you for a career within the creative industries, film or academia.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Film and Television Studies (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Campbellsville, United States of America