Events Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Events Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Events Management (including foundation year) BA (Hons) degree is a four-year course with a built-in foundation year (Year 0) – it’s the perfect start to your university education if you can’t meet the entry requirements or don't have the qualifications you need to start a standard undergraduate degree.
London is home to some of the greatest events in the world, making it an excellent place to develop your career in events management.
Your foundation year will allow you to develop key business knowledge, providing an excellent basis for your subsequent years of study where you’ll have the opportunity to explore events in more depth – including arts, fashion, music and corporate events.
You will share your foundation year with students on other business-related foundation year courses to enable you to share ideas and insights with fellow London Met students.
During your subsequent years of study you will study the same core course content and have access to the same optional modules as students on our three-year Events Management BA (Hons) degree.
You’ll be taught by events management experts and have the opportunity to network with leading industry figures.
Should you decide during your foundation year that you’d like to specialise in a different area of business, there is also some flexibility to allow you to do this.
You'll graduate with a full undergraduate degree with the same title and award as those who studied the traditional three-year course.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Using and Managing Data and Information
- Business Decision Making
- Event Planning and Management
- The Context of Business
- Orientation for Success in Higher Education
- Development for Success in Business
- London's Visitor Economy
- Marketing for Aviation and Creative Industries
- The Events Industry
- Consulting for Conferences and Exhibitions
- Events and Society
- Human Resources and Events Law for Event Management
- Skills, Methods and Analysis
- Live Events Practice
- Applied Research with Field Course
- Destination Management and Marketing
- Event Sponsorship and Fundraising
- Research Methods for Dissertations and Consultancy Projects
- Business Innovation Through Events
- Creative Industries and Events Policy
- Professional Experience Year Placement
- Project Management
- Visitor Attraction Management
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
A degree in events management can help you enter a wide range of careers. Many of our graduates have found employment with employers such as BlueGlass Interactive, C Squared, Chillisauce, Diageo, Heart Productions, TripAdvisor and Upper Street Events.
With the support provided at London Met – including the University’s business incubator Accelerator – many have also gone on to set up their own businesses
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Events Management (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...