Education (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Education (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Education (Including Foundation Year) BA degree will open opportunities for you to enter education. Our four-year course is the perfect route into a career in education if you can’t meet the necessary entry requirements or don't have the traditional qualifications required to start a standard undergraduate degree. You’ll graduate with the same degree title and award as students on the traditional route.
On the course you’ll have tutors and academic mentors who will support you to achieve your educational goals and identify your strengths. Offering great flexibility by the end of your foundation year, we’ll provide you with opportunities for specialism in a wide range of subjects after introducing you to a broad range of social sciences and current subjects.
The foundation year will build your confidence and improve your academic skills, providing a great foundation for higher academic study. You’ll develop an important variety of skills including research, report writing, critical analysis and planning. All of these are considered necessary by employers across an array of industries and indispensable in higher study of education and other social sciences.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent)
To study a degree at London Met, you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. If you require a Tier 4 student visa you may need to provide the results of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Thinking
- Interventions for Change
- Media, Crime and 'Race'
- Reflecting on Self and Society
- Researching Discrimination
- Researching Inequality
- Social Issues in Context: Text to Essay
- Studying Education: Reflection and Critique
- Becoming an Educationist: Reading, Writing and Enquiry
- Knowledge, Culture and Education
- Making Sense of Education
- The School and the City
- Psychology of Learning
- Researching Education
- Sociology and the Curriculum
- Education: Experiential Learning
- Working in Education: Preparing for Professional Practice
- Becoming a Teacher
- Religion and Education in Contemporary Society
- Education Studies Dissertation
- Educators as Social Pedagogues
- Inclusion, Education and Equalities
- Philosophy of Education
- Preparing for QTS: Becoming a teacher
- Gender and Education
- Sport, Education and Society
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
After this four-year course you’ll be able to enter a wide range of careers within education, such as local government, charities, youth work and educational management. You’ll also gain a range of transferable skills, such as critical thinking, reasoning and writing that will translate into a variety of careers.
On completion of this course you can also go on to postgraduate study, which will allow you to work in primary teaching, early years education or adult education.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Education (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America