Education BA (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Education BA (Full-time)
Why study this course?
The Education or Education (with Practice) BA degree offers you two career routes to choose from after a shared first year of the program. The course tackles the big questions concerning education as seen through sociological, historical, philosophical and psychological lenses leading on to a wide variety of career choices or further academic study.
If you're interested in becoming a teacher, the Education (with Practice) BA route will give you valuable work experience in your second and third years in preparation for the Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) after graduation.
The teaching will be conducted by experienced lecturers who formerly worked as teachers or managers in schools. They will encourage you to take an active role in current debates on child education from the perspective of several disciplines, including philosophy and sociology. They are also ideally placed to give you an insight into the possibilities of a teaching career and the many options available to you after graduation.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- A minimum of grades BBC in three A levels (or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification)
- English Language GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent)
- An enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check for any placement in a school
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Becoming an Educationist: Reading, Writing and Enquiry
- Knowledge, Culture and Education
- Making Sense of Education
- The School and the City
- Psychology of Learning
- Researching Education
- Sociology and the Curriculum
- Working in Education: Preparing for Professional Practice
- Education: Experiential Learning
- Becoming a Teacher
- Religion and Education in Contemporary Society
- Education Studies Dissertation
- Educators as Social Pedagogues
- Inclusion, Education and Equalities
- Philosophy of Education
- Preparing for QTS: Becoming a teacher
- Gender and Education
- Sport, Education and Society
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
As a graduate of the Education BA route you'll be able to go on to postgraduate study or enter a wide range of careers in areas such as educational management and administration, local government and local authorities, youth work or educational charities.
On completion of the Education (with Practice) BA you can go on to further study for the PGCE, and after gaining Qualified Teacher Status (QTS), you can enter a career in primary teaching, early years teaching, adult education or special educational needs and disability (SEND) learning support in schools.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Education BA (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Campbellsville, United States of America