Digital Media (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Digital Media (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Digital Media (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) degree is the ideal choice if you’d like to study at undergraduate level but don’t meet the necessary requirements to enter the standard three-year course. You’ll graduate with the same award and title as students on the standard course.
The course has a built-in foundation year (Year 0) to equip you with fundamental study skills within the context of digital media and communications. In the final three year of your degree, teaching will be focused on preparing you for a career within the digital media sector.
On our practically-oriented Digital Media (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) course you’ll develop skills in functions relating to digital media, such as marketing, design and production.
We place emphasis on providing students with exceptional support to help them settle into university, excel academically and become competitive in the job market. You’ll not only receive support from your tutors but also be able to take advantage of workshops designed to improve your study and future career skills. There will also be opportunities to get involved with extracurricular activities and join societies, which will help you make the most of your university experience and gain a range of transferable skills.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/4 or above (or equivalent, eg Functional Skills at Level 2), if you meet UCAS points criteria but obtained a grade D/3 in English and/or Maths at GCSE you may be offered a University test in these areas
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction : Film, TV and Broadcast Media
- Introduction: Digital Media
- Introduction: Journalism and Writing for Media
- Introduction: Media and Communications
- Creative Digital Imaging
- Designing and Scripting Interactive Media
- Developing Your Career
- Introduction to Digital Media
- Moving Image and Sound Practice
- Digital Media Practice
- Responsive Web Design
- Social Media Strategies
- Work Related Learning for Media 1
- 3D Animation: Principles and Practice
- Digital Humanities
- Documentary Photography and Photography Journalism
- Television Studio Practice
- Digital Management and Enterprise
- Digital Media Project
- Game Design
- Work Related Learning for Media 2
- 3-D Character Animation and Effects
- Analysing Popular Music
- Digital Video Post-Production
- Documentary Filmmaking
- E-Learning: Development and Design
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
This course is designed to help you develop a range of skills specific to careers within digital media, as well as transferable skills that are vital in every workplace.
After graduation you’ll be equipped to start a career in the following fields:
- Multimedia production
- Game and web design
- Social media
- Web content management
- Video post-production
- Project management.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Digital Media (Including Foundation Year) BA (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
San Diego, United States of America