Dietetics and Nutrition - MSc (Full-time)
Why study this course?
The Dietetics and Nutrition MSc is an intensive course suitable for graduates with a scientific background wishing to pursue a career as a dietitian.
Dietitians are the only qualified health professionals that assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition related problems at an individual and wider public health level. Dietitians use the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease, which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices. (Ref: Role of Dietitians)
The course provides teaching and learning in food, nutrition, dietetics and relevant disease aetiology, pathology and management. Additionally, clinical skills, research skills and public health are embedded in the course.
Through successful completion of the course, which includes three compulsory practice placements, you’ll develop the necessary knowledge and skills to provide eligibility to apply to the register of health professionals who meet the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) standards for training, professional skills and behaviour.
Chat live with students from London Met
Do you want to know what it's like to study at London Metropolitan University? Visit the link below to student ambassadors and get answers to all of your burning questions about academic and student life.
You will be required to have:
- a minimum of an upper-second class (2:1) honours degree in life science subjects
- A level Chemistry and Biology both at grade C
- English and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 for above (or equivalent)
- significant nutrition-related work experience (paid or voluntary) within a health or social care setting
- an enhanced DBS check for the adult's and children's workforce
- clearance for non-exposure prone procedures (EPP) by an approved occupational health service
- passed an interview and demonstrate the values that promote compassion, dignity, and respect
- attended at a dietetics career event
Suitable science degrees include:
- biomedical science
- human nutrition
- nutritional science
- human biology
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Assessment of Nutritional Status
- Human Nutrition Dissertation
- Integrated Pathology for Dietitians
- Nutrition, Food Science and Catering
- Post Graduate Dietetic Practice Preparation
- Postgraduate Clinical Dietetics 1
- Postgraduate Clinical Dietetics 2
- Practice Based Learning 1 (Dietitians)
- Practice Based Learning 2 (Dietitians)
- Practice Based Learning 3 (Dietitians)
- Public Health and Epidemiology
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
How much you pay in tuition fees depends on which country you come from and whether you are a full-time or part-time student. Please visit the course page on university website for fee information particular to that course.
Dietitians work as part of a team to manage the health and nutritional needs of individuals, communities and populations. Graduating from MSc Dietetics and Nutrition is the start of lifelong learning and an exciting and varied career in nutrition, health and disease management.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Dietetics and Nutrition - MSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...