Dietetics and Nutrition BSc (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Dietetics and Nutrition BSc (Full-time)
Why study this course?
The Dietetics and Nutrition BSc degree will help you develop the relevant knowledge and skills to become a dietitian. You'll study life and nutritional sciences, exploring the role of diet and nutrition in disease prevention and treatment.
Upon successful completion of the course, you’ll be eligible to apply to the register of the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
On this undergraduate degree course, you’ll learn the skill necessary to become a dietitian – the only qualified health professional that can assess, diagnose and treat diet and nutrition related problems at an individual and wider public health level.
We’ll introduce you to the most up-to-date public health and scientific research on food, health and disease. This practical guidance will enable you to help members of the public make healthier lifestyle and food choices.
Throughout your studies, you’ll gain an understanding of the conditions where nutrition plays a significant role in disease management. You'll develop the knowledge to provide nutrition and dietetic care for individuals, groups and populations who have or already are at risk of developing long-term health conditions.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- A minimum of grades BBB in three A levels including Biology and Chemistry (or a minimum of 120 UCAS points)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSE at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
- If you are applying from our Sciences (including foundation year) BSc (Hons) you are required to take the following modules in your foundation year: PR3001 Scientific Studies, PR3002 Biology, PR3003 Chemistry and the optional module, you must pass each module at 70% or more without reassessment
- 10 days or more recent (within the last two years) work experience in a care environment
- Attendance at a dietetics career event
- An enhanced DBS Check for the Adults' and Children's Workforce
- Clearance for non-exposure prone procedures (EPP) by an approved occupational health service
- You will be required to pass an interview, even if you are applying from our Sciences (including foundation year) BSc (Hons).
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Anatomy and Physiology for Dietitians
- Biochemistry for dietitians
- Cell biology for dietitians
- Human Nutrition For Dietitians
- Sociology and Psychology for Dietitians
- Clinical Dietetics 1
- Dietary assessment techniques for dietitians
- Food Science and Microbiology
- Macro and micronutrients
- Metabolic biochemistry for dietitians
- Practice Based Learning 1 (Dietitians)
- Professional Practice in Dietetics and Nutrition
- Techniques in nutrition and dietetic research
- Applied Public Health Nutrition for Dietitians
- Clinical Dietetics 2
- Dietetic and Nutrition Practice Preparation
- Nutrition through the lifecycle Dietitians
- Practice Based Learning 2 (Dietitians)
- Systems Pathology for Dietitians
- Applied Dietetics and Nutrition
- Dietetics and Nutrition Research Project
- Management of Health and Social Care
- Practice Based Learning 3 (Dietitians)
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
Graduating from our Dietetics and Nutrition BSc (Hons) course is the start of an exciting and varied career in nutrition, health and disease management.
Many of our graduates now work in public health and health promotion, including NHS management of nutrition related diseases and/or disease related malnutrition as well as managing dietary needs in long term health conditions in primary care environments.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Dietetics and Nutrition BSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Cedar City, United States of America
Cedar City, United States of America