Cryptography MSc (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Cryptography MSc (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Cryptography MSc course will give you the opportunity to explore a specialist area of study relating to information security that is based on mathematical theory and computer science.The high demand for cryptography specialists in the business and technology industries offers defined and fulfilling career opportunities and facilitates entry into roles that require a master’s specialism.
The skills you’ll gain on this course will be applicable to the wider information security area, including:
- Digital communication platforms (protecting calls and texts)
- Banking (card technology and account protection)
- Internet protocols (protecting transaction details using SSL, SSH)
- Corporate computer security and the delivery of integrity confidentiality and authenticity
You will be required to have:
- A 2.1 undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, computer science, data science, software engineering, computing, ICT, physics or economics. Please note your undergraduate degree must have included at least basic training in maths and computing.
Programming skills with one of the popular languages, such as Java or Python, would also be a great advantage.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Discrete Mathematical Structures
- Number Theory for Cryptography
- Cybersecurity and Cybercrime
- Application in Cryptography and Cryptanalysis
- Information Security
- Machine Learning
- Terrorism and Counter Terrorism
- Security Auditing and Penetration Testing
- MSc Project
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £8,950 per year
- International students: £13,250 per year
Cryptography applies in many areas of industry where extensive data processing, electronic communications or software development takes place. As a result, this cryptography qualification will provide wider employment opportunities than a traditional computer, software or network engineering degree.
Knowledge of cryptographic solutions will enhance your employment opportunities with large businesses, including online retailers, banks and companies in the financial technology industry, corporate enterprises, electronic entertainment vendors and network service providers.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Cryptography MSc (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...