Computer Systems Engineering and Robotics (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Computer Systems Engineering and Robotics (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Computer Systems Engineering and Robotics (Including Foundation Year) BEng is a four-year degree that includes a built-in foundation year (Year 0).
The foundation year will introduce you to the key principles of computer systems and engineering, preparing you for the next three years of your course. You’ll graduate with all the applied knowledge you’ll need to work in the computing and engineering industries.
During your foundation year you will become familiar with computer security, computer networks, mathematical techniques, programming language and theoretical concepts related to computer software design. Building skills in these key areas of study will ensure you’re well-equipped for the following three years of your course.
On the course you’ll have access to our specialist laboratories for computer-aided design (CAD), electronics, microwave and satellite communications, embedded systems and digital systems and optoelectronics. The computing and engineering skills you'll learn will help you succeed in becoming a computer systems professional.
In addition to the University's standard entry requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C/grade 4 or above (or equivalent eg Functional Skills at Level 2)
If you meet the UCAS points criteria but obtained a D/3 in English and/or Maths at GCSE, you may be offered a University test in these areas.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Cyber Security Fundamentals
- Introduction to Robotics and Internet of Things
- Computer Hardware and Software Architectures
- lectronics Systems
- Logic and Mathematical Techniques
- Advanced Electronics Systems
- Microprocessors & Embedded Systems
- Professional Issues, Ethics and Computer Law
- Work Related Learning
- Data Science for Business
- Data Structures and Specialist Programming (option, 30 credits)
- Network Engineering (option, 30 credits)
- Network Operating Systems
- Signals and Systems (option, 30 credits)
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
Upon graduating from this degree you'll be fully prepared to start your career in computer systems engineering. You'll also have many technical skills that can be used for other areas of employment such as aerospace, manufacturing, communications, electronics and robotics.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Computer Systems Engineering and Robotics (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Potsdam, United States of America