Community Development and Leadership (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)London Metropolitan University
Community Development and Leadership (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)
Why study this course?
Our Community Development and Leadership (including a foundation year) BSc is a four-year course that is perfect if you don’t hold traditional qualifications or don’t meet the requirements to enter the traditional three-year degree. On completion of the course you’ll receive the same qualification and title as students graduating from the standard course.
You’ll be offered exceptional support from our careers and academic teams. With access to an academic mentor, tutor and skills workshops, you’ll be helped to settle into university life and succeed on your course to become a leader in the field of community development and social work.
Our community development course with a foundation year will improve your academic skills and provide opportunities to work with communities in a wide range of professional roles after graduation. By the time you complete your full degree, you'll have gained all the necessary skills in supporting groups and individuals to improve your neighbourhood and make social provision accountable to residents and service users.Throughout your degree you’ll be supported to develop skills such as essay writing, research and time management that will help you succeed in undergraduate study. You’ll also be able to count on the support of your academic mentor and tutor, who will help you build your abilities and confidence in academic study, even if you’ve been out of education for a few years. At London Met we also offer dedicated careers advice and student support teams to help you shape your future career goals and achieve them.
In addition to the University's standard requirements, you should have:
- At least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma)
- English Language GCSE at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent)
To study a degree at London Met, you must be able to demonstrate proficiency in the English language. If you require a Tier 4 student visa you may need to provide the results of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as Academic IELTS.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Critical Thinking
- Interventions for Change
- Media, Crime and 'Race'
- Reflecting on Self and Society
- Researching Discrimination
- Researching Inequality
- Social Issues in Context: Text to Essay
- Writing London: A World City
- Cultures, Identity and Difference
- Introduction to Self-Leadership
- Principles of Community Work
- Social Problems and Social Issues
- Human Rights, Social Justice and Diversity
- Management and Leadership in Youth and Community Organisations
- Researching Youth and Community Issues
- Communities in Transition
- Disability and Inclusion
- Employability in the Community Sector
- Global Inequalities in the 21st Century
- Inter-Professional Practice
- Community and Youth Dissertation
- Development and Social Enterprise
- Work Placement for Professional Development
- Current Issues in Disability
- Homelessness and Housing Policy
- Housing Issues and Housing Solutions
- Management and Supervision in Youth and Community Work Settings
Modules and module details are subject to change over time
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- UK/EU students: £9,250 per year
- International students: £12,700 per year
Graduates from community development and youth related courses can enter a wide range of careers including social research, community work, counselling, teaching, youth justice and social policy.
About this institute
London Metropolitan University
Based in England’s historic capital city, London Metropolitan University has a rich history of education with its roots dating back to 1848. Taking its current form following a merger of two well-renowned universities in 2002, it offers a wide range...
Want to know more about Community Development and Leadership (Including Foundation Year) BSc (Hons) (Full-time)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
London (Ontario, Canada), Canada
Campbellsville, United States of America
San Diego, United States of America
Angola, United States of America