GeographyLiverpool Hope University
All available course dates
About this program
Geography is about exploring, encountering and engaging with the world around us. It is a dynamic and exciting subject to study. It looks at how the physical world works; how people interact both with each other and with the physical world; how landscapes (both physical and human) evolve; and the ways in which the environment needs to be conserved and managed. Geography covers many different perspectives and brings them together to create a distinctive way of understanding the world. Whether your interests are more towards physical, environmental or human geography, our degree offers you the chance to develop an integrated, enriched understanding of what is taking place on our planet.
Studying Geography means you will look at a wide range of different topics and learn a broad range of skills. For this reason, a Geography degree is one of the most valued subjects among potential employers.
An enthusiastic and friendly team of geographers and environmentalists with wide research interests teach Geography at Hope. You will find that Liverpool is a great place to study Geography, being an excellent case study of economic, environmental and social regeneration, and having surroundings that include stunning upland and coastal landscapes.
A Placement Year option is available for this course. Undertaking a placement year as part of your degree programme offers you the opportunity to gain valuable work experience alongside your studies.
- A-Levels - BBC
- UCAS Tariff Points - 112 UCAS Tariff points must come from a minimum of two A Levels (or equivalent). Additional points can be made up from a range of alternative qualifications
- BTEC - DMM
- Access to HE - 112 Tariff Points
- IB - 28
- Irish Leaving Certificate - 112 Tariff Points from Higher Level qualifications only
- Welsh Baccalaureate - This qualification can only be accepted in conjunction with other relevant qualifications
- Subject Requirements - No specific subject requirements
International entry requirements
IELTS - 6.0 overall (with reading and writing at 6.0) and no individual score lower than 5.5. We also accept a wide range of International Qualifications.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- World Regions: Understanding the World
- Hazards, Risk and Society
- Exploring Geography and Tourism
- The Dynamic Earth*
- Applied Environmental Geoscience*
- Earth Materials*
- Laboratory- and field-based Practical Investigations
- Laboratory- and field-based Environmental Investigations*
- Fieldwork (residential and/or non-residential)
- Contemporary Human Geographies and Tourism
- Earth Surface Processes
- Understanding the Environment
- Research Methods
- Environmental Policy, Planning and Management
- Landscape Assessment
- Geospatial Data Analysis and GIS
- ‘Experiential Learning Block’
- Fieldwork (residential and/or non-residential)
- Advances in Human Geographies
- Earth’s Dynamic Environments
- History, Development of Current Practice of Geography
- Sustainable Futures
- Environmental Change
- International Fieldwork
- Honours Project (dissertation)
- Honours Project (integrated dissertation/research project)
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
- Total tuition fee for local/EU students is £9,250.
- Tuition fee for International/Non-EU students is £12,500.
The Service and Leadership Award (SALA) is offered as an extra-curricular programme involving service-based experiences, development of leadership potential and equipping you for a career in a rapidly changing world. It enhances your degree, it is something which is complimentary but different and which has a distinct ‘value-added’ component.
A Geography degree can open the door to a wide range of careers including local authority planning, environmental assessment, urban regeneration, conservation, sustainable development, tourism planning, renewable energy, and housing association management. With the increasing demands of European legislation and global environmental policy, there are growing employment opportunities in environmental consultancy.
A degree in Geography opens the door to a wide range of 'general' graduate careers such as business, management, finance, the police service and the armed forces.
Many of our graduates go on to train to be teachers of Geography. Others go on to further study at Masters or Doctorate level. Studying Geography means you will look at a wide range of different topics and learn a broad range of skills that you can take with you into the workplace. You will develop skills in problem-solving, data analysis, report-writing, developing arguments, working both independently and as part of a group, and interpreting data.
About this institute
Liverpool Hope University
With a history extending 175 years, Liverpool Hope has developed a strong tradition of scholarship and research in key disciplines. The University places emphasis on bringing together research excellence and top-quality teaching. This research-informed teaching enables our students to develop...
Why study at Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool Hope University is a vibrant community of scholars, students and support staff. We are proud of our past, confident in our present and ambitious for our future.
With a history extending over 175 years, Liverpool Hope has developed a distinctive ethos that brings together scholarship, research and teaching.
Just one in five UK Higher Education providers achieved the gold standard, which measures excellence in teaching quality, learning environment, and student outcomes - the extent to which all students achieve their educational and professional goals. The city of Liverpool is a wonderful place to study. With a rich culture and heritage and an International airport on the doorstep, why study anywhere else?
Be the first to write a review!