International General Certificate in Occupational Health and SafetyLEORON Professional Development Institute
International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
All available course dates
About this program
International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety - 10 Days Open Course
Management of health and safety makes good business sense. Qualified safety professionals are an asset to their organisations, reducing costs by preventing accidents and ill health of employees, without incurring unnecessary expense by over-reacting to trivial risks. Many larger organisations choose NEBOSH certificate-level qualifications as a key part of their supervisors’ or management development programme. An employee with a NEBOSH International General Certificate is equipped with the practical set of skills that brings real value to the modern global workplace.
This course has been designed for multinational organisations in all sectors working in accordance with international standards or directives but adapting to local needs. This course is the appropriate solution for organisations with a global presence looking forward to adopt an internationally recognised health and safety training programme for its staff. The Certificate is internationally recognised and provides an excellent knowledge & grounding in the essentials of health and safety for personnel accountable for these responsibilities in their organisation.
Santia has applied its extensive resources and expertise to develop and deliver the NEBOSH International Certificate. The course will be taught by a bilingual English-Arabic tutor.
NEBOSH qualifications in health, safety and risk are globally recognised by employers in all industry sectors. Santia is the largest UK provider of the NEBOSH Certificate.
NEBOSH have combined the International General Certificate and International Certificate in Construction Safety and Health. This provides delegates with the opportunity to build on their existing qualifications and develop their breadth of skills. The Management of Health and Safety is the core unit to which other units can be added within 5 years of successful completion.
The International General Certificate is available to non UK nationals, employees of large organisations operating outside the UK, or multinational companies already working to international standards but needing to adapt these to accord with local needs and practice.
The course is designed for personnel e.g. managers, supervisors, non-safety specialists etc with health and safety responsibilities and who are in need of a grounding and recognised qualification in occupational safety and health.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The course agenda for this 10 days classroom course is as follows:
- Health and Safety foundations
- Organising for health and safety
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture
- Promoting a positive health and safety culture (cont)
- Risk Assessment
- Principles of control
- Incident investigation, recording and reporting
- Incident investigation, recording and reporting (cont)
- Monitoring, review and audit
- Welcome Back
- Work Equipment Movement of People and Vehicles Hazards and Control
- Work Equipment Movement of People and Vehicles Hazards and Control (cont)
- Manual and Mechanical Handling Hazards and Control
- Chemical and Biological Health Hazards and Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control
- Physical and Psychological Health Hazards and Control (cont)
- Electrical Hazards and Control
- Construction Activities Hazards and Control
- Construction Activities Hazards and Control (cont)
- Fire Hazards and Control
- Briefing on Practical Assessment Revision
Tuition fee: $4190
Successful completion of this NEBOSH Health and Safety Certificate course will enable participants to:
- Gain an understanding of best practice standards through HSG65, 18001, moral and economic requirements and implications for good standards in health and safety within an organisation.
- Recognise the key features of a health and safety policy, the preparations and performance review of a health and safety audit.
- Identify hazards in the workplace and carry out risk assessments, record findings and review procedures.
- Advise on strategies for controlling hazards, reducing risks and applying safe systems of work.
- Explain the processes and procedures for investigating and reporting accidents at work.
Message the school
About this institute
LEORON Professional Development Institute
LEORON is the fastest growing global training institute in the World, having evolved over the past 11 years into a dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions to both individuals and businesses. Our locations...
Why study at LEORON Professional Development Institute
- LEORON have worked with some of the largest companies in the World - but importantly we care about the individual. Through our Customer Happiness Team we ensure that everyone who attends a LEORON course has the support before, during and after to ensure their training needs are met.
- We offer the highest level of training delivery, whether that be in our live-virtual training or in-classroom sessions, with our expert instructors guiding you through everything so that you’re left feeling assured and confident to utilise your new knowledge going forward.
Want to know more about International General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!