Certificate in Legal ComplianceLEORON Professional Development Institute
Certificate in Legal Compliance
All available course dates
About this program
Certificate in Legal Compliance
Legal compliance has become an increasingly complex challenge for lawyers in corporate legal departments and in the private practice of law. While other areas of regulation may ebb and flow with changes in governmental policies and administration, legal compliance has tended to require more and more attention to increasingly detailed legal and regulatory requirements. Moreover, those requirements are being imposed not only by Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries but by other countries whose criminal and regulatory laws are being applied to conduct that takes place outside their borders. As a consequence, law enforcement and regulatory agencies in those countries are setting progressively higher expectations about what lawyers need to do to identify, assess, and manage legal compliance risks.
For example, in Saudi Arabia, laws and Royal Decrees in 2019 substantially expanded the definition of “public official” with regard to public-sector bribery, made private-sector bribery a crime, criminalized bid-rigging and other anti-competitive or corrupt practices in relation to public tenders, and substantially increased penalties for New Competition Law violations. Other countries, such as the United States and the United Kingdom, also have laws and regulations that create substantial criminal and civil penalties for a wide range of compliance topics – including corruption, cybercrime and cybersecurity, fraud, money laundering, and sanctions. Those countries have successfully conducted investigations leading to substantial criminal and civil financial penalties in the hundreds of millions (even billions) of dollars as well as criminal prosecution.
For these reasons, legal professionals need to have a comprehensive appreciation of the legal and regulatory environments in GCC and other countries that may affect their firms, as well as a detailed knowledge of the varied compliance risks that their firms are likely to face, and a clear understanding of how they need to manage those risks effectively through compliance programs and related measures.
- Partners and mid- and senior-level associates in law firms with practices that address legal compliance issues
- Senior and mid-level lawyers at headquarters and regional levels of firms with international operations
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Regulatory Environments for Legal Compliance
- Key Governmental and Regulatory Authorities and Scope of Authority
- Legal Compliance and the “Culture of Compliance”
- Key Legal Compliance Risks and Issues (Part 1)
- Fraud (External and Internal)
- Cybercrime and Cybersecurity
- Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing
- Competition and Antitrust
- Evaluation of Legal Compliance Programs (Part 1)
- Program Design
- Confidential Reporting Structure and Investigation Process
- Evaluation of Legal Compliance Programs (Part 2)
- Third-Party Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A)
- Due Diligence Process
- Effective Implementation of Program
- Evaluation of Legal Compliance Programs (Part 3)
- Incentives and Disciplinary Measures
- Effectiveness in Practice
- Evaluation of Legal Compliance Programs (Part 4)
- Analysis and Remediation of Any Underlying Misconduct
- Other Frameworks for Evaluating Corporate Compliance Programs
- Improving the State and Effectiveness of Legal Compliance Programs
- Proving the State and Effectiveness of Legal Compliance Programs
- Review and Recapitulation of Key Issues
Tuition fee: $3770
- Recognizing the principal regulatory environments, domestically and internationally, that generate legal compliance issues for firms
- Understanding the key categories of legal compliance risks that firms may face, including bribery and corruption, cybercrime and cybersecurity, internal and external fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing and sanctions
- Recognizing and understanding the scope and application of key provisions of laws and regulations generating those risks
- Identifying approaches and techniques for evaluating existing legal compliance programs within firms
- Improving and proving effectiveness in firms’ legal compliance programs and measures
21 NASBA CPE credits
Message the school
About this institute
LEORON Professional Development Institute
LEORON is the fastest growing global training institute in the World, having evolved over the past 11 years into a dominant training institute that offers a comprehensive set of training and development solutions to both individuals and businesses. Our locations...
Why study at LEORON Professional Development Institute
- LEORON have worked with some of the largest companies in the World - but importantly we care about the individual. Through our Customer Happiness Team we ensure that everyone who attends a LEORON course has the support before, during and after to ensure their training needs are met.
- We offer the highest level of training delivery, whether that be in our live-virtual training or in-classroom sessions, with our expert instructors guiding you through everything so that you’re left feeling assured and confident to utilise your new knowledge going forward.
Want to know more about Certificate in Legal Compliance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!