Study an MSc in Industrial Ecology at Leiden University
Industrial ecology is an emergent scientific discipline that promotes a systemic approach to human problems, integrating technical, environmental and social aspects.
It is argued that this approach will show the way to sustainable development. For that reason, industrial ecology is considered to be the ‘toolbox for sustainable development’ or the ‘science of sustainability’.
The master’s in industrial ecology is a co-operation between two Dutch universities:
- Leiden University (Faculty of Science)
- Delft University of Technology (Faculty of Applied Sciences)
Both universities deliver an equivalent contribution to the overall teaching program.
- A bachelor’s degree in any of the Natural Sciences, Engineering Sciences, or Social Sciences from an accredited university program and comparable with three years of Dutch Academic Education.
- The application for admission shall be reviewed by the Board of Admissions.
- For Dutch HBO students, the grade point average of the entire curriculum has to be 7.5 or higher. The student has a demonstrable affinity with multi-disciplinary education and research by showing course modules, summer courses, internships, or other relevant experiences that are within the endterms of the bachelor’s degree, or at least at sufficient academic level, but clearly outside the main field of the bachelor’s degree.
- The student has a demonstrable interest in the field of industrial ecology and can show in a motivation letter to the admission committee at least one relevant example of the relation between his/her bachelor’s education or previous experience and an academic contribution to the field of Industrial Ecology.
- Proof of English proficiency certificate evidenced by appropriate language test. - IELTS: minimum 6.5 - TOEFL: internet based 90 - Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), minimum grade C
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Master of Science in Industrial Ecology
About this institute
Code of conduct
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Be the first to write a review!
Win an iPad!
Take our survey and be in to win a brand new iPad for your studies! Your response will help future students find their perfect study abroad opportunity.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.