MA Russian and Eurasian Studies - Leiden University
The MA program in Russian and Eurasian Studies is unique in the Netherlands in that it offers students a well-balanced combination of several disciplines.
In this unique programme you can study Russia and the Eurasian world from the perspectives of language, literature and culture, or instead focus on the politics, history and economics of the region.
You are at liberty to combine these two angles into an individual programme. Leiden University has been studying Russia and the Slavic world since 1913, which has earned us an excellent international reputation.
- The programme offers a unique selection of courses found nowhere else in the Netherlands.
- You have a broad range of options to customise your individual programme.
- You will benefit from the expertise of specialists from the Leiden University Centre for Linguistics, the Leiden University Institute for History and the Institute for Cultural Disciplines as well as visiting professors and external specialists at the University of Amsterdam.
- We offer an international study environment, including a limited number of competitive scholarship and internship programmes in Russia, Georgia and other countries.
- Upon graduation, you will have a profound knowledge of either the linguistics, literature and culture, or the history, politics, international relations, and economy of the Russian and Eurasian region.
For some courses knowledge of Russian is obligatory.
Upon graduation, you'll have a profound knowledge of either the linguistics, literature and culture, or the history, politics, international relations, and economy of the Russian and Eurasian region.
- A bachelor’s degree from a university,equivalent to the level of a Dutch academic bachelor’s degree, or demonstrate to meet the requirements for such a degree, including the general academic skills
- Comparable qualities in the field of knowledge, understanding and skills with those acquired upon graduating from the bachelor’s program Russian Studies from Leiden University
- Knowledge, understanding of and skills in at least two disciplines of the master’s program: politics, international relations, history, economics, linguistics, literature and culture
- Academic knowledge of Russian history and society
- Sufficient command of English (IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 100 (internet-based) or Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE)
Master of Arts in Russian and Eurasian Studies
With a long and rich history, Leiden University is the oldest in the Netherlands. Students may choose to study from 7 faculties and 3 campuses, watch this video to learn what Leiden can offer you!
Services & Facilities
Founded in 1575, Leiden University is the oldest university in the Netherlands offering a wide variety of programs. Leiden University is a truly international university, uniting people and knowledge from all corners of the world. The university is comprised of...
Want to find out more about this program? Fill in your details below and receive the brochure.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe!
Planning on studying a
Master's degree in Europe?
Find your perfect career!