Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic TourismLe Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic Tourism
Keen to explore your passion for food and travel? Embrace your inner foodie and study gastronomy and tourism.
The Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic Tourism is designed for participants who want to explore food and wine with a deeper understanding of food and drink culture, including the ethical, economic and social impacts of food and wine tourism.
Delivered online across the world to students, the course offers:
- Unique field of study - One of only a few programmes available around the world leading to an advanced degree in gastronomic tourism.
- Delivered fully online - Study from anywhere in the world, structured to fit into other work/ life commitments. Study single units of interest or undertake the full Masters.
- International focus - Study with people from different cultures and backgrounds who share your desire for knowledge in this exciting field.
- Explore areas of interest - Undertake a double-weighted research project focusing on an aspect of Gastronomic Tourism of your particular interest.
- Choose your life - Graduates will work in a diverse range of careers including hospitality, event management, writing, media and tourism.
- Professional Staff - An enthusiastic and informed group of academic staff who apply a range of perspectives that enhance understanding.
Duration: Students can complete their studies in 2-3 years (two units per session) or 4-5 years (one unit per session)
Time requirements: 15 hours per unit per week
Students should anticipate a commitment of no less than 15 hours per unit per week. A student studying two units can expect to study no less than 30 hours per week. Students planning to undertake this programme need to allow extra time initially to familiarise themselves with the study portal, learning resources, professional referencing and writing at postgraduate level.
Please note: To undertake the programme students must have fast and reliable internet access.
This program has an IELTS English language proficiency requirement. For more information about IELTS or to book a test, click below:
Degree & diploma
Students graduate at a Southern Cross University ceremony (or In Absentia) with a parchment authorised by the University.
Intermediate Awards (early exit points) are offered at Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma levels.
Upon graduation you are eligible to become an alumnus of both Le Cordon Bleu and Southern Cross University. This includes access to a global network of alumni and career opportunities from both institutions who offer various opportunities via their alumni portals and social media networks. Assistance is provided in regards to career preparation however Southern Cross University and Le Cordon Bleu will not be responsible for job placement upon graduation.
This programme is designed for those with a passion for gastronomy and for professionals seeking related careers in hospitality, media or tourism. Uniquely, it combines an academic approach to understanding food and drink within historical, cultural, and contemporary contexts, integrated with tourism, business and management applications.
Topics range from sustainability and food security to contemporary trends in cuisine and culinary arts; from food writing for media to the history of gastronomy and the restaurant; and from small business management to entrepreneurship and the application of ethical business practices in tourism operations.
Tuition & fees
UD$2,960 per unit or AUD$35, AUD$520* for the full Le Cordon Bleu Master of Gastronomic Tourism (12 units)
Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Welcome to Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has opened the door to one of the world’s most highly regarded hospitality qualifications. Known as the leading provider of studies in hospitality management, gastronomy and culinary arts worldwide, Le Cordon Bleu educates over 20,000 students each...