Want to receive regular updates on study abroad programs? Sign up to our newsletter here!
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management - PatisserieLe Cordon Bleu Australia
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management - Patisserie
This Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management from Le Cordon Bleu is designed to give participants the skills and knowledge needed in the hospitality industry to succeed in supervisory and management positions.
During the course, students' pâtisserie skills will be enhanced, along with the addition of management and leadership skills such as marketing, human resources, business planning and financial control.
During the first 15 months of this programme students will complete the Diplôme de Pâtisserie/Certificate III in Pâtisserie and a six month industry placement.
Program 1: STAGE 1 (6 Months)
Prerequisite: Certificate III in Patisserie
French Study Modules
- Decorative showpieces - Advanced sugar and chocolate work to produce original showpieces. Includes silicone mould making
- Confiserie - Advanced chocolate and sugar confections. Packaging and presentation of confectionery
- Petits fours
- Marzipan - Shaping, modelling and finishing figures
- Caramel and nougatine
Australian Units of Competency
- Produce chocolate confectionery
- Model sugar-based decorations
- Design and produce sweet buffet showpieces
- Coordinate cooking operations
- Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- Prepare and monitor budgets
- Manage finances within a budget
- Manage diversity in the workplace
- Lead and manage people
- Monitor work operations
- Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- Establish and maintain a work health and safety system
Program 2: STAGE 2 (6 Months)
Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management
Australian Units of Competency
- Serve food and beverage
- Develop and manage quality customer service practices
- Develop and implement a business plan
- Manage operational plan
- Manage physical assets
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Establish and conduct business relationships
- Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- Recruit, select and induct staff
- Monitor staff performance
- Manage finances
This program is designed for students who wish to further develop their culinary and hospitality business skills, and who want to either manage or own their own Patisserie business.
Duration: 2 years in Adelaide, 27 months in Melbourne and Sydney.
This includes completion of the Diplôme de Pâtisserie/Certificate III in Pâtisserie and a six month industry placement during the first 15 months.
English proficiency: 5.5 Academic IELTS with no band score below 5.
Entry requirements: School leavers need to have satisfactorily completed Australian Year 11 or equivalent overseas secondary education (e.g. International Baccalaureate) and demonstrated the ability to undertake tertiary study.
Degree & diploma
Graduates will gain a Certificate III in Pâtisserie as well as the Advanced Diploma of Hospitality Management.
This programme leads to career paths in employment such as
- Sous Chef
- Executive Chef
- Restaurant Manager
- Banquet Manager
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Kitchen Operations Manager
- Catering Manager
Tuition & fees
AU$59,667 for international students. AU$58,330 for Australian students.
Request information - obligation free
Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Welcome to Le Cordon Bleu Australia
Le Cordon Bleu Australia has opened the door to one of the world’s most highly regarded hospitality qualifications. Known as the leading provider of studies in hospitality management, gastronomy and culinary arts worldwide, Le Cordon Bleu educates over 20,000 students each...