About this program
Master's Degree in Signature Documentary Photography (in Spanish only)
The Master in Author Documentary Photography is a contemporary didactic proposal, in tune with photography, art, information and visual communication.
The program has a critical focus and deals experientially, experimentally and constructively with the essential questions that characterize the concept of the "documentary" in its relation to art. Its main objective is to explore and take advantage of the possibilities that arise from the conjugation of the author's subjectivity with the demands of documentary practice.
The proposal reflects the current nature of the image and is framed in a new ecology of the media, which requires evolutionary modes of production, distribution and consumption of information in all its forms. This need requires new actors, with their own personality and criteria in the world of documentary photography.
THIS PROGRAM IS TAUGHT 100% IN SPANISH
Candidates who have completed university studies and obtained the corresponding degree must present a copy of:
- University degree certificate
- Academic record
In addition to the admissions interview, the evaluation will also consider any other type of submitted material related to the program.
A minimum B2 English level is required for the programs taught in this language.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tools, processes and methodologies
- Project methodology
- Inter-, trans- and postdisciplinary research methodologies
- Writing and essay: statements, articles, captions, script writing, captions, etc.
- Communication theory
- Artistic creation and authorial questions
- Contemporary artistic practice
- Art, society, communication: dissolution of limits and new frontiers
- Art and technology
- Art and activism
Perspectives in and on documentary photography
- History of documentary photography
- Philosophical issues of contemporary photography
- Creation, attitudes, intentions, forms and processes of contemporary documentary photography
- Photography and multimedia
- Photography, post-photography and beyond
- Ethics in documentary photography
- The documentary photography market: evolution of the sector
Photographic technique and practice in documentary and artistic fields
- Development and realization of documentary photographic projects
- Subjective, experimental and author documentary
- Memory, archive, appropriations, image and copyright
- Visual narrative
- Workflow lab
- Photo editing
- Preparation and organization of photographic exhibitions
- Design and publication of photobooks
Images and ideas
- Image, text, context, subtext, hypertext
- Visual journalism
- Information and representation
- Communication and power: structure, system, apparatus, device
- Critical theory and "criticality"
- Contemporary issues
Dissemination of information and access to knowledge
- Channels and distribution strategies for artistic and documentary products
- New modes and ways of diffusion
- Meetings, festivals, symposia
- Books, magazines and online publications
- Mass audience VS individual experiences
- Relations with galleries, museums, cultural centers, public and private institutions
Scholarships & funding
This program is taught 100% in Spanish.
Master's Degree in Author Documentary Photography
Credits: 60 ECTS
- Visual artist
- Director of photography in the press
- Art direction
- Photography teaching
- Community art manager
- Artistic coordination in exhibition spaces
- Exhibition Commissariat
- Visual journalism
Message the school
About this institute
LCI Barcelona is the most international School of Design and Visual Arts in the Catalan capital thanks to the 23 campuses that the Canadian network LCI Education, to which we belong, has spread across the 5 continents. Our educational offer...
Why study at LCI Barcelona
LCI Barcelona offers students the possibility of maximizing their talent and creative capacity to begin to achieve their goals and everything they set out to do. All the programs taught pursue the same objective: to provide quality teaching that guarantees student empowerment through theoretical and practical knowledge and opens doors to the world of work with a guarantee of success.
Why you should study with us?
Because of the internationality that brings the LCI Education Network, a strong relationship between the school and companies, professors with professional experience, the exclusive Portfolio platform that allows students and alumni to give visibility to their projects and get in contact with recruiters and the Learning By Doing methodology, committed to practical training based on the project culture and design thinking.
Want to know more about Master's Degree in Signature Documentary Photography (in Spanish only)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!