Masters in Food HygieneLatvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies
Study Food Hygiene in Latvia
The study programme is aimed to educate highly qualified and creative specialists – Professional Masters with specialization in food hygiene with competence to work in the establishments of food chain as well as in the state services. The Master study programme provides proficiency on safety and harmlessness of food chain, quality criteria of foodstuffs, knowledge on elaboration and maintenance of safety systems of the food establishments, as well as ability for scientific research on food safety. The programme is completed with the elaboration and defense of the Master thesis.
Career prospects and further studies
The graduates work in all kind of establishments of food chain. Master`s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective doctoral programme in the universities in Latvia or abroad.
Why study Food Hygiene at the Latvia University of Agriculture?
- You will develop multidisciplinary understanding about management and maintenance of the food safety systems.
- You will be offered to participate in research projects and volunteering activities.
- You will acquire knowledge and skills on technology of food production, criteria of food safety, quality and hygiene, food infections as well as on legal aspects of international food trade, which allow you to develop your future career in many professional domains.
- We offer you an interactive study process with dynamic and experienced academic staff and opportunities of e-learning.
- We ensure the student-centred approach to the study process and focus specifically on your needs and interests in each study course.
Bachelor’s degree or the second level professional higher education in the following groups of study programmes: veterinary medicine, medicine, food technology, agriculture, biology or chemistry. English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fee per year: 3000 EUR
Professional Master in Food Hygiene (Mg.cib.hyg.)
Offering programs in 8 faculties and more than 60 programs,Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies produces highly sought after graduates in Latvia and abroad. Watch this video to learn more!
About this institute
Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU) is one of the leading higher educational institutions in the Baltic States. Offering a wide range of study programs for international students, the university has provided educational opportunities for more than 150 years. In...
Want to know more about Masters in Food Hygiene? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
Win a €5000 scholarship to study in Europe
Planning on studying a Master's degree in Europe? We're offering a scholarship to help cover your tuition fees and get you one step closer to your next great adventure!
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.