Bachelor of Health Care
The students receive good theoretical and practical skills in nursing, nursing science and nursing research so as to be able to contribute to the development of nursing. You will learn distance learning and digital services as part of nursing profession. In the learning process the student formulates links between practical experience and theoretical concepts. These links require the integration of theory and practice and that is facilitated by reflection on practice.
- Academic Study Skills and Professional Growth
- Competence in Service Structures of Sports, Social and Health Care Environments
- Research, Development and Innovation Competence
- Professional Interaction and Ethics in Nursing
- Health Promotion Methods and Nursing Interventions
- Decision Making Process in Clinical Nursing
- Clinical Competence in Medical and Surgical Nursing
- Health Promotion in Mental Health and Substance Abuse Nursing
- Supporting and Promoting the Wellbeing of Children, Young People and Family in Nursing Care
- Supporting Health and Functional Capacity of Elderly People
- Leadership and entrepreneurship in Sports, Social and Health Care
- Evidence-based Nursing and Special Issues in Nursing
- Nursing in Emergency and Outpatient Services
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The clinical practice can be done in Finland or partly abroad. Studying in international programs you have excellent opportunity to have an education which is highly valued. You study 15 credits Finnish language while Finnish speaking students study English and Swedish language. Finnish language is used in practical training which is carried out in Finnish speaking organisations during the studies.
International students from outside the EU and EEA countries is €8,000 per academic year.
To be exempt from paying tuition fees
- citizens of the European Economic Area or equivalent; EU Blue Card holders; persons with a continuous or permanent residence permit or an EU residence permit granted for a third-country national with a long-term resident status, family members of the above mentioned.
- non-EEA citizens, who study in Finnish (the degree programs is taught Finnish).
Please visit the university website for more information about tution fees
About this institute
Lapland University of Applied Sciences
Study on top of the world! Lapland University of Applied Sciences is the northernmost UAS in Finland and in the EU focusing on higher education and research, development and innovations. Success in Arctic conditions and utilising the conditions are at...
Want to know more about Bachelor of Health Care? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...