Design FormationLangara College
All available course dates
About this program
Design Formation is a two year, multidisciplinary foundation design program that prepares students for further specialized studies or entry-level jobs in fields ranging from visual merchandising to event, graphic, or interior design.
This program is ideal for creative people of all ages and backgrounds, from recent high-school graduates to mature students wishing to update their credentials. The classroom and workshop is close-knit, intimate, and collaborative. Our faculty, who are friendly, approachable and knowledgeable about the design world at large support this community feeling.
Domestic Applicants: BC Grade 12 Graduation (or equivalent) or 19 years of age or older
International Applicants: BC Grade 12 Graduation (or equivalent)
English Language Requirement
- English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Level IV(a,b): EAP Level IV (LEAP 8)
- Language Proficiency Index (LPI): 26
- IELTS Academic(a,b,c,d): 6.5 (No Band Lower Than 6.0)
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Communication Design I 3
- Design: Retail Visual Presentation I 3
- Form, Materials and Process 3
- Computers & Design: Adobe Creative Suite
- Introduction to Interior Spaces
- Communication Design II
- Design: Retail Visual Presentation II
- Computers and Design
- Interior Spaces: Representation
- Communication Design: Typography
- 3D Design: Exhibits and Events I
- Career Research
- Communication Design: Major Projects
- 3D Design: Exhibits and Events II
- Field Study
- Interior Spaces for Commercial Applications
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees
Upon graduation, students will exit with a high degree of proficiency and a portfolio showcasing their knowledge and skills. This foundation can lead to opportunities within two different paths:
Work within the industry, through careers in Retail Visual Merchandising, Graphic Design, Interiors Services, Exhibit Design, or specializing to seek further education in fields such as Marketing & Advertising, Illustration, Architecture, and Digital, Graphic, Industrial or Interior Design streams.
About this institute
Located in beautiful Vancouver, B.C., Canada, snəw̓eyəɬ leləm̓ Langara College provides University, Career, and Continuing Studies education to more than 23,000 students annually. With more than 1,700 courses and 130 programs, Langara’s expansive academic breadth and depth allows students of...
Be the first to write a review!