Business Administration - AccountingLangara College
Business Administration - Accounting
All available course dates
About this program
Business Administration - Accounting
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a degree program for students interested in careers in the fields of Accounting, Business, International Business or Marketing. It is student-centred, and its primary aim is to give graduates real business skills - the skills that employers are looking for. The program can be completed in four years if taken on a full-time basis (five courses per semester); however, students have the flexibility of attending part-time if they so desire. The BBA is designed to give students maximum flexibility in delivery methods and schedules.
The BBA has concentrations in Accounting, Business Management, International Business Management, and Marketing Management. Each of these concentrations provides graduates with expertise in their subject area as well as a thorough understanding of all aspects of business. As well, students have the opportunity to take a variety of non-business courses so that they graduate with a well-rounded education. The BBA Accounting concentration includes the requirements necessary to maximize exemptions for the professional accounting associations (CGA, CMA, CA).
1. Completion of BC Grade 12 or equivalent, or be 19 years of age.
2. One of the following:
- Successful completion of English Studies 12 or equivalent (see note);
- Successful completion of a post-secondary English or communications course for which Langara College awards transfer credit;
- LET (Langara English Test) Level 2;
- LPI (Language Proficiency Index) Level 4 with essay 24;
- TOEFL (paper-based) with a total score of 550 or higher and an essay score of 4.0 or higher;
- TOEFL (Internet-based) with a total score of 80 or higher and a minimum of 18 in Listening, 20 in Reading, 18 in Speaking, and 20 in Writing;
- IELTS 6.5;
- CAEL 60 overall with essay 60;
- Successful completion of LEAP Level 8;
- ELA (English Language Assessment) 145 offered by Vancouver Community College (VCC); or
- Successful completion of VCC English 099.
3. Applicants who have completed 24 credits or more of post-secondary study must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.33 or higher.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the college website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Accounting Concentration Requirements
- Business Computer Applications II
- Business Information Systems
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
- Applied Business Project
- Advanced Written Communications
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Internal Control and Auditing
- Advanced Taxation
- Management Issues in International Business
- Introduction to Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Critical Thinking and Business Ethics
- Intermediate Quantitative Methods
Additional courses are required with flexibility to choose between options. Please visit the college website for more information.
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the college website for more information.
Please visit the website for information about tuition fees.
Credential: Baccalaureate Degree
Employers want people with the breadth of skills to hit the ground running. As a graduate of the LSM, you will have both the knowledge and skills to be able to exceed expectations. Depending on your interest, opportunities may be found in:
- Business research and analysis
- International business
- Project management
- Retail and distribution
- Special events
- Trade and investment
Message the school
About this institute
Located in beautiful Vancouver, B.C., Canada, snəw̓eyəɬ leləm̓ Langara College provides University, Career, and Continuing Studies education to more than 23,000 students annually. With more than 1,700 courses and 130 programs, Langara’s expansive academic breadth and depth allows students of...
Want to know more about Business Administration - Accounting? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America
Prague, Czech Republic