Psychology and Management, BA
Psychology allows us to understand how people think and behave, while management utilises this understanding to improve our working lives. This combined discipline allows you to develop the skills and knowledge for a fulfilling and rewarding career.
The key to good management is an ability to understand people and why they behave the way they do. Bringing together the expertise of two specialist departments: Organisation, Work and Technology; and Psychology, our program has been designed to provide you with specialist skills, knowledge and experience from the two disciplines.
This degree is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS), providing the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership with the Society, which is essential if you wish to pursue a career in professional psychology, and follows the main themes of modern psychology:
- Brain and Behaviour: how neural disorders such as Alzheimer’s Disease affect behaviour
- Cognitive Psychology: our reactions to colours, smells, speech and music
- Developmental Psychology: the ways in which infants perceive space, patterns, objects and events
- Social Psychology: how our thoughts, emotions and behaviours are shaped by the presence of others
You will learn from passionate academics, all of whom are active researchers and world leaders in their field, which allows you to benefit from their insight, expertise and cutting-edge research.
- A Level AAB
- GCSE Mathematics grade B or 6, GCSE English Language grade C (Applicants with a GCSE Maths C or 5 considered on a case-by-case basis)
- IELTS 6.5 overall with at least 5.5 in each component.
- International Baccalaureate 35 points overall with 16 points from the best 3 Higher Level subjects
- BTEC Distinction, Distinction, Distinction
We welcome applications from students with a range of alternative UK and international qualifications, including combinations of qualification.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Essential Skills for Psychologists
- Introduction to Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Neuroscience
- Management and Organisation in Context
- Management, Organisations and Work: Key Issues and Debates
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Research Integrity and Open Science I
- Research Integrity and Open Science II
- Social Psychology in the Digital Age
- Statistics for Psychologists 1
- Statistics for Psychologists 2
- Cognitive Psychology
- Developmental Psychology
- Organisational Psychology
- Research Methods I: Experimental Methods in Psychology
- Research Methods II: Asking questions, analysing responses
- Social Psychology
- Statistics for group comparisons
- Statistics: from association to modelling causality
- Foundations of Cognitive Neuroscience
- Organisational Change
- Personality and Individual Differences
- Psychological Approaches to Managing Change
- Organising in the Digital Age: Power, Technology and Society
- Technology and Organisation: Society and Risk
- For UK students: £9,250 per year
- For International students: £22,255 per year
This degree will equip you with both specialist and transferable skills that are valued by all employers, such as communication, critical thinking, numeracy and self-management. From research analysts to retail managers, a good grasp of human behavioural patterns, the science of the mind, and an understanding of management make our graduates attractive to a wide range of employers.
Some graduates go on to become chartered psychologists, specialising in clinical, educational, occupational, forensic, health or sports psychology. There are also new and emerging areas such as neuropsychology, environmental psychology, consumer psychology and animal psychology. It is a fiercely competitive field, which needs a strong academic background, lots of relevant work experience, determination and resilience.
About this institute
Lancaster University is located in the northwest of England near the major cities of Manchester and Liverpool. It was established in 1964 as a collegiate university with a reputation for innovation. Lancaster is one of the few UK universities to...
Why study at Lancaster University
Welcome to Lancaster
For us, Lancaster is everything a university should be. It's somewhere you can belong, a community to join with a collection of colleges that offer close-knit support and a proud identity.
We set high standards, and we challenge, pushing people to new heights. But we also support, guiding people through their studies, research and careers.
A top 10 university
Lancaster University is among the best in the UK, in the top 10 in The Guardian University Guide 2021 and The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. We also have a TEF Gold rating for teaching and we're highly ranked in international league tables such as the QS World Rankings. We're proud to have been named International University of the Year by The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020.
A place for everyone
Come to Lancaster and find your place - on our campus, in our city and in our community. From the facilities you need on campus, to the historic city on your doorstep, Lancaster is made for learning.
Nine colleges, one home
Colleges are central to the Lancaster University experience. It's where you live, but more than that, it's a place to socialise and a support network too. The difference our colleges make can't be overstated. For 'collegiate' read 'supportive', 'friendly', 'fun' and 'open'.
Lancaster is ranked 3rd in the UK for graduate-level employment in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021, with 89% of Lancaster students going into professional work or further education after graduation.
Not everyone has their future planned out when they arrive at University, but whatever's right for you, we're here to help.
Your global experience
Your Global Experience at Lancaster University is about joining our international community on campus to share ideas and perspectives. Take it further with study abroad options and other travel opportunities.
Get involved to make connections, explore the world and discover yourself.
A supportive community
We offer comprehensive support from the very start of your Lancaster journey until you graduate, to enhance your experience as a student and help to fulfil your potential.
Want to know more about the programs offered by Lancaster University? Please send us your question and we'll make sure you'll get a quick response
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Bangor, United States of America