Degree in Telematics Engineering (Networks and Internet Technologies) (Spanish taught)
The Degree in Telematics Engineering, also known as the Degree in Network Engineering and Internet Technologies, responds to the current demand for professionals who are experts in cybersecurity and technologies related to Service Networks for the Information Society . As a graduate in Network Engineering and Internet Technologies from La Salle, you will be qualified to practice the profession as a Telecommunications Technical Engineer specialized in Telematics, acquiring the necessary knowledge to conceptualize, design and operate with telematic networks and their security mechanisms.
For more than 15 years at La Salle we have been an academy of Cisco Systems , a leading company in the networking sector. In this way, our Degree integrates into the study plan the necessary training to also obtain the official CCNA and CCNP certifications, highly demanded in the technology sector. The job placement of the Degree in Telematics Engineering at La Salle is 100% and the main companies in the sector come to us to recruit profiles with all these skills.
First year students:
If you are a first year student there are three options depending on the origin:
- Students from the Spanish educational system.
- Students from European education systems, Switzerland, International Baccalaureate, China or other countries with bilateral agreements with Spain.
- Students from other educational systems.
If you want a transfer, there are two options depending on your procedure:
- If you already have official university studies in Spain.
- If you come from official foreign university studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Introduction to Computers
- Basic Electronics
- Design and usability I
- Business and Engineering
- Programming methodology and technology
- Thought and creativity I
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Analog Electronics
- Digital Systems and Microprocessors
- Thought and creativity II
- Signals and transmission systems
- Object Oriented Design and Programming
- Value Chain and Financial Economics
- Statistics and Mathematical Analysis
- Local Area Networks
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Computer Network Technologies
- Thought and creativity III
- Telematics Laboratory
- Web projects I
- Electrical and telecommunications infrastructures
- Operating Systems
- Data network interconnection
- Digital Television I
- Organizational Management
- Peripheral Technologies
- Web Projects II
- ICT Security
- Digital Communications
- Systems Design & Administration
- New Generation Broadband Networks
- Telecommunications market and services
- Optical Communications
- Project Management
- External internships
- Electromagnetic propagation
- Communications for harsh environments
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Technological Trends
- Final degree project
- Network Planning and Management
- Wireless Networks
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
The languages of instruction for this program are Catalan, Spanish, and English.
The teaching methodology that you will receive by studying the Degree in Telematics Engineering is practical and participatory, and is based on the combination of:
- Master classes.
- Problem solving sessions.
- Laboratory practices.
- Seminars given by experts in the sector.
With the new Smart Learning model, students will have a training which will be:
- Personalized, because it adapts to the student and their needs or circumstances, regardless of the health scenario.
- Flexible, because it overcomes the barriers of the online or face-to-face methods with a platform that allows face-to-face, blended and distance learning.
- Intelligent, because it is a new way of teaching and learning that combines physical and interactive experiences.
- Technological, in order to implement the Smart Learning methodology, classrooms have been transformed into Smart Classrooms, which consist of:
- Audio system with more than 8,000 virtual microphones per classroom
- Cameras equipped with artificial intelligence
- Smart Boards to share content to and from the Smart Classroom, enhancing collaborative work.
8,700€ per year
- Official name: Degree in Telematics Engineering
- Degree certificate issued by The Ministry of Education
- Credits: 240-ECTS
With the Degree in Telematics Engineering from La Salle you will obtain a solid base of interdisciplinary knowledge that will position you as a key point in the development of the Information and Knowledge Society and the Internet of the Future.
As a Telematics Engineer you will be able to:
- Direct and carry out the tasks of all phases of the life cycle of systems, applications and products.
- Solve problems in any area of ICT in general, and in the sector of data networks and telematic systems in particular.
- Apply scientific knowledge and the methods and techniques of engineering, in the field of Internet Networks and Technologies.
As a Telematics Engineer you will develop your professional career in the world of computer science and telecommunications systems . Therefore, you will acquire the basic knowledge of both areas, but with the necessary specialization to know in detail the technologies related to data networks.
Some of the professional opportunities available to you when you have completed the Degree in Telematics Engineering are:
- IT manager
- IT security manager
- Security auditor
- Ethical hacker
- Network Services Designer
- Network and IT systems administrator
- Administrator of distributed architectures and Big Data
- Network manager and planner
About this institute
La Salle Campus Barcelona
La Salle Campus Barcelona - URL is an international university center with over a hundred years of history, dedicated to the full training of people. We are founding members of the Ramon Llull University, the first private non-profit university in...
Want to know more about Degree in Telematics Engineering (Networks and Internet Technologies) (Spanish taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Chicago, United States of America