Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation (English taught)
In today's world, the digital revolution is transforming the way we communicate and the way we do business. Professionals have to be able to constantly adapt to these changes
The Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation is unique in Spain, and has been designed by La Salle Campus Barcelona with the collaboration of the tech company incubator at La Salle Technova, providing a comprehensive experience in entrepreneurship and digital business.
This official, 3-year degree is taught 100% in English and designed to accelerate each student’s personal projects in the fields of entrepreneurship and innovation, or to prepare them to be part of a larger project or consolidated start-up.
For the Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation we’re looking for candidates who possess:
- Business knowledge
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Enthusiastic about the world of start-ups
- Creative confidence
- Passion for technology
- Digital transformation
First year students:
If you are a first year student there are three options depending on the origin:
- Students from the Spanish educational system.
- Students from European education systems, Switzerland, International Baccalaureate, China or other countries with bilateral agreements with Spain.
- Students from other educational systems.
If you want a transfer, there are two options depending on your procedure:
- If you already have official university studies in Spain.
- If you come from official foreign university studies.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Introduction to Digital Business Environment
- Marketing Principles
- Digital Economy Principles
- Quantitative and Qualitative Analysis
- Digital Skills Development
- Communication. Leadership and Team Management
- Foreign Language
- Entrepreneurship in Technology-Based Ventures
- Creativity and Innovation Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Thought and Creativity
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Thought and Creativity II
- Managing by Design
- Online Marketing in Digital Business
- Financing Technology-Based Projects
- Business Model Design
- Managing Emerging Technologies
- Managing Projects
- Investment and Financial Management for Technology-Based Firms
- Strategic Management and Innovation for New Ventures
- R&D&I Management
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Final Thesis
- Thought and Creativity III
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
A new methodology is born: Learning by challenge. Challenge-based projects give students the opportunity to apply what they are learning in real time.
- Methodology in the classroom: Active Learner. Instead of listening to a lecture for an hour and a half, students move around the class, debating, helping their classmates, and, above all, applying the course content to their projects.
- Focus on the latest technologies: Following the example of Singularity University, we believe that the most powerful way to solve the world’s greatest challenges is the application of exponential technologies. In La Salle Campus Barcelona, we work in multi-disciplinary teams, side by side with companies, to solve challenges.
With the new Smart Learning model, students will have a training which will be:
- Personalized, because it adapts to the student and their needs or circumstances, regardless of the health scenario.
- Flexible, because it overcomes the barriers of the online or face-to-face methods with a platform that allows face-to-face, blended and distance learning.
- Intelligent, because it is a new way of teaching and learning that combines physical and interactive experiences.
- Technological, in order to implement the Smart Learning methodology, classrooms have been transformed into Smart Classrooms, which consist of:
- Audio system with more than 8,000 virtual microphones per classroom
- Cameras equipped with artificial intelligence
- Smart Boards to share content to and from the Smart Classroom, enhancing collaborative work.
14,880€ per year
- Official name: Degree in Digital Business Design and Innovation
- Degree certificate issued by The Ministry of Education
- Credits: 180-ECTS
What will you get from this degree, which is one of its kind in Spain? One of a kind because it offers you the chance to put your personal projects into practice even as you study an official degree, in just 3 years.
- The skills you need to create your own company or head up an innovation department within an organisation. Thinking like an entrepreneur is critical to carrying out innovative projects. The elements of an entrepreneurial mindset include: Intentional Curiosity, a Bias Toward Action, Self-Directed Learning, and Creative Confidence.
- The experience of having taken part in the creation of a company. Whether you’re setting up your own business or joining a team of entrepreneurs in a large organisation, you'll have managed La Salle’s merchandising company during your degree. You’ll learn how to manage the finances of an eCommerce, how to design a convincing online marketing plan, how to analyse data for market intelligence and sell more, and how eCommerce logistics work.This experience will help you solve any problem you may encounter in the online environment.
- We develop your business skills. Through methodologies such as Design Thinking, Lean Startup, and Agile Development (SCRUM) using real projects, you’ll learn how to develop projects and create initiatives from the very beginning. The skills you’ll develop include IT and computer skills, strategic skills, digital and non-digital marketing, data management, innovation, business concepts, creativity and planning techniques among many others.
Today's society requires professionals with digital skills, leadership and creativity, and creating your own company is not the only career opportunity for students from this degree. Solid business sense, initiative and innovation are highly valued at most organisations.
These are some of the career opportunities that will be open to you:
- CEO of your own startup, entrepreneur and founder of new companies.
- Intra-entrepreneur at a consolidated company - business development.
- Digital project consultant.
- Professional at a consolidated startup.
- Digital Transformer - Innovation Manager.
About this institute
La Salle Campus Barcelona
La Salle Campus Barcelona - URL is an international university center with over a hundred years of history, dedicated to the full training of people. We are founding members of the Ramon Llull University, the first private non-profit university in...
Want to know more about Degree in Digital Business, Design and Innovation (English taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Prague, Czech Republic
San Diego, United States of America