About this program
Degree in Animation & VFX
Become a professional in 3D computer generated imagery, including special effects and 3D artwork. The Degree in Animation at La Salle Campus Barcelona is the first official undergraduate degree program in Catalonia.
Our Degree in Animation will provide you with a solid artistic and creative grounding in the field of animation and visual effects. You will learn about the latest technological advances in 3D animation, learn how to use them as well as acquiring a global vision of the sector and becoming an expert in VFX.
You will work the fundamentals of art, scripting, design and film-making, and you will learn the principles of anatomy, movement and acting.
You will be trained in all the stages of production:
- Pre-production: Ideas, Creativity, Screenplay, Design, Narrative and Storyboard.
- Production: 3D Modelling, Textures-Shading, Rigging, Animation, Illumination, Render and FX.
- Post-Production: Composition, Assembly and Colour Correction. 3D VFX and Motion Graphics.
- Industry: Distribution, Finance, Intellectual Property, Project Management, Entrepreneurship and Leadership.
First year students:
If you are a first year student there are three options depending on the origin:
- Students from the Spanish educational system.
- Students from European education systems, Switzerland, International Baccalaureate, China or other countries with bilateral agreements with Spain.
- Students from other educational systems.
If you want a transfer, there are two options depending on your procedure:
- If you already have official university studies in Spain.
- If you come from official foreign university studies.
For more information about admission requirements, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Sculpting, anatomy and digital tools
- Project I
- Language and visual narrative
- Fundamentals of animation
- Cinematography and color
- Thought and creativity I
- Principles of 3D production tools
- Fundamentals of drawing
- Culture of animation and VFX
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Thought and creativity II
- Project II
- Look development
- Animation I
- 3D modelling
- Audiovisual scripting
- Digital composition I
- Concept art
- Lighting I
- Animation II
- Project management
- Character design
- Digital composition II
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Projects III
- Thought and creativity III
- Market and intellectual property
- Animation III
- Digital composition III
- Filming for VFX
- Lighting II
- Visual effects-VFX I
- Virtual production
- Digital special effects
Semester 1 / Semester 2
- Final thesis
- Management skills
- Entrepreneurship and businesses startup
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
This program is available in Catalan, Spanish, and English or fully in English.
The training methodology you will receive at La Salle is based on:
- Practical training centred on Learning by doing.
- Master classes where you will receive the theoretical knowledge.
- Development of practical exercises and projects that complement the theoretical foundations.
- Elaboration of projects with the aim of synthesizing the knowledge of each subject.
- Completion of a Degree's Final Project where the students finish the project emulating a real production company.
With the new Smart Learning model, students will have a training which will be:
- Personalized, because it adapts to the student and their needs or circumstances, regardless of the health scenario.
- Flexible, because it overcomes the barriers of the online or face-to-face methods with a platform that allows face-to-face, blended and distance learning.
- Intelligent, because it is a new way of teaching and learning that combines physical and interactive experiences.
- Technological, in order to implement the Smart Learning methodology, classrooms have been transformed into Smart Classrooms, which consist of:
- Audio system with more than 800 virtual microphones per classroom
- Cameras equipped with artificial intelligence
- Smart Boards to share content to and from the Smart Classroom, enhancing collaborative work.
Tuition Fees for 2022-2023: € 9960
- Official name: Degree in Animation
- Degree certificate issued by The Ministry of Education
- Credits: 240-ECTS
On completion of our Degree in Animation & VFX you will be able to:
- Work in the animation, visual effects, audiovisual and digital content sectors.
- Specialize in computer generated 3D imagery, VFX and 3D art, understand the entire life cycle of a digital animation product, from its conception to its distribution.
- Take on any career opportunities related to animation and visual entertainment.
- Develop your creativity so that you are able to combine the artistic and technical parts of an animation production.
- Master state-of-the-art technology in visual animation creation using the same tools as the best animation studios in the world.
The Degree in Animation & VFX at La Salle Campus Barcelona will prepare you to work in all the phases of creation, from start to finish: pre-production, production and post-production:
- Narrative scriptwriter.
- Illustrated script/storyboard.
- Creative Director.
- Modeler and 3D textures.
- Rigger/Character Director.
- Lighting Director.
- Layout/Previs Artist.
- Texture Artist.
- Groom Artist.
- Matte Painter.
- FX Artist.
- Composition artist.
- Colorist and colour correction.
- Producer and Project Management.
Message the school
About this institute
La Salle Campus Barcelona
La Salle Campus Barcelona - URL is an international university center with over a hundred years of history, dedicated to the full training of people. We are founding members of the Ramon Llull University, the first private non-profit university in...
Why study at La Salle Campus Barcelona
La Salle Campus Barcelona, a founding member of the Ramon Llull University, is one of the world's most renowned educational institutions. Our success is based on the quality of education and our capacity to fully respond to the ever-changing needs of society. Our firm commitment to technology in all our programs is what makes us unique. These differential values set La Salle Campus Barcelona apart as a new university model, with a strong international vision and practical approach to learning, together with an advanced application of technology aimed at fomenting business innovation and the entrepreneurial spirit of our students.
For more information about Why study at your institute details, Please check the university website.
Want to know more about Degree in Animation & VFX (English taught)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...