Bachelor of Arts in CriminologyKwantlen Polytechnic University
Bachelor of Arts in Criminology
The Bachelor of Arts, Major in Criminology program provides students with a broad, liberal education in social science, criminal justice, and law. Students learn scientific research methods, legal, philosophical and theoretical approaches to aid in understanding crime and related social problems, and social responses to crime. The BA degree program builds on the central core of method and theory and affords students opportunities to hone abstract, logical thinking, and critical understanding of the issues, arguments, and debates that shape the discipline's character and aims.
Students who graduate with a BA degree may apply to law school or pursue a graduate degree in criminology or other disciplines. Those who are interested in applying to graduate school, or who prefer a more extensive research experience, are encouraged to undertake a structured program leading to a Bachelor of Arts (Honors), Major in Criminology.
Students pursuing a major in Criminology must be admitted to the Faculty of Arts.
For more information, please visit the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Introduction to Criminology
- Introduction to the Criminal Justice System
- Canadian Legal Systems
- Introduction to Criminal Law
- Methods of Research in Criminology
- Interpersonal and Professional Development in Criminology
- Introduction to Psychology: Basic Processes
- Introduction to Society: Processes and Structures
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Confronting Moral Issues: Introduction to Ethics
- Critical Thinking
- Introduction to Formal Logic
- Quantitative Data Analysis I
- Psychological Explanations of Criminal Behaviour
- Sociological Explanations of Criminal Behaviour
- Canadian Criminal Justice Administration
- Criminal Justice and Psychology
- Crime, Criminal Justice, and the Media
- Introduction to Policing
- Corrections: Theory and Practice
- Youth Justice
3000 and 4000 Level1
- Qualitative Research Methods
Group 1: Theory and Methods
- Advanced Theories of Crime and Community
- Contemporary Sociological Criminology
- Critical Criminology
- Contemporary Psychological Criminology
Group 2: Criminal Justice
- White-Collar and Corporate Crime
- Community Corrections
- Issues in Youth Justice
- Community Safety and Crime Prevention
- Minorities and the Criminal Justice System
- Policy and Program Evaluation
Group 3: Law, Advocacy and Conflict Resolution
- Procedure and Evidence
- Law and Society
- Issues in Conflict Resolution
- Philosophy of Law
- Administrative and Regulatory Law
- Community Advocacy and Human Rights
Scholarships & funding
Kwantlen Polytechnic University offers scholarship opportunities to new students, in amounts up to $20,000 CAD. For details and application requirements, please contact the university.
About this institute
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) is Canada’s leading polytechnic university. KPU’s five campuses are all located in Metro Vancouver, a modern and multicultural region that has incredible natural beauty, the most temperate weather in Canada, and many career opportunities. With guaranteed...
Why study at Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Canada ranked #1 study abroad country
Canada has been ranked the #1 study abroad country in the world for 2020! Known for its untouched natural beauty, friendly and welcoming locals, and a culture of tolerance and diversity, Canada is a clear choice for students looking to study abroad.
Want to know more about Bachelor of Arts in Criminology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
COVID-19: Support for Current and Prospective Students
We believe in making study abroad a safe, positive experience for everyone. Find out what we're doing to help our users in light of recent coronavirus (COVID-19) developments.
Career test - find your perfect career
Take our free career test that will match you with programs and careers based on your interests and personality.
You may also like...
Melbourne (Australia), Australia