Master of Linguistics and Literature: English (Leuven)KU Leuven
Master of Linguistics and Literature: English (Leuven)
All available course dates
KU Leuven's 'Master of Linguistics and Literature: English' will expand your knowledge and command of the English language, and bring a new appreciation of literature and culture. Research-based teaching will allow you to benefit from KU Leuven’s internationally renowned scholars in English linguistics and literature. You will also be encouraged to develop your critical and research skills by way of seminars and your personal master’s thesis.
What is the 'Master of Linguistics and Literature: English' all about?
The programme emphasizes the academic study of English in all its aspects, ranging from the theoretical and historical study of the English language and literature to creative mastery of the living language.
- The curriculum combines theoretical courses with seminars and is designed to develop your methodological, critical-theoretical, and heuristic skills and as well as your communicative ability, as you benefit from the research and expertise of the English scholars at the Faculty of Arts.
- You will study in a vibrant international atmosphere.
- Our team of internationally renowned experts will prepare you for a career in communications, intercultural relations, education, translation, linguistics, and research, not to mention the avenues offered in the vast media sector.
- When combined with a teacher-training certificate, this degree represents a solid qualification for graduates who wish to teach English in secondary or higher education.
- Graduates gain a thorough familiarity with leading contemporary research in a particular field of English linguistics or literary criticism and are thus perfectly equipped for research at a higher level (PhD programs / research projects, etc.).
- Graduates develop the communicative skills required to report, both orally and in writing, on research findings and insights. Those skills can be used in a broad range of professional contexts where the ability to digest, synthesise, and present complex phenomena is essential.
KU Leuven Online Open Day
We are organising an online open day on Wednesday 1 December 2021 to inform students about our English-language programmes. Discover Europe’s most innovative university and learn more about our international programmes, admissions, housing and much more. For more information, google “KU Leuven Online Open Day”.
Please consult the programme website for recent information on admission requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Please consult our website for recent information on available scholarships.
Please consult our website for recent information on tuition fees.
About this institute
KU Leuven. Inspiring the Outstanding
KU Leuven is Europe’s most innovative university. Located in Belgium, it is dedicated to research, education, and service to society. KU Leuven is a founding member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and has a strong European and...
Why study at KU Leuven
A Highly Ranked University
According to international rankings, KU Leuven is among the best 100 universities in the world. Moreover, KU Leuven was ranked as most innovative university of Europe by Reuters four years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019). All of KU Leuven’s disciplines proudly belong to the top 100 of their field. Scholars and researchers, teachers and visionaries, thinkers and makers all have their place in KU Leuven’s fertile intellectual habitat.
Most Innovative University in Europe
KU Leuven has been identified as Europe’s most innovative university for four years in a row by Reuters. By developing the most important drug against HIV, a new type of solar panel that converts oxygen into hydrogen and uncovering the secrets of Sagalassos, KU Leuven researchers have a profound impact on our everyday lives in nearly all fields of research. That innovative character is deeply embedded in the way we teach our students, by integrating relevant guest lectures, taking an Interdisciplinary approach and opening the most advanced research and education facilities.
A Comprehensive University
As a comprehensive university, KU Leuven offers a wide range of disciplines organized by 15 faculties. Each of these disciplines is ranked in the top 100 of its field according to the THE World University Rankings by subject. Half of the university’s faculties are even in the top 50 within their fields of study.
Want to know more about Master of Linguistics and Literature: English (Leuven)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...