Master of Engineering: Logistics and Traffic (Leuven)KU Leuven
Master of Engineering: Logistics and Traffic (Leuven)
All available course dates
Logistics and traffic keep our modern world moving. Just think of the increase in self-driving cars and trucks, or the transport pressures of e-commerce: we live in a super dynamic logistic machine. You click ‘buy it now’ and an automated warehouse springs into action. Within 24 hours your purchase is at your front door, the last step in a complex supply chain. Modern traffic systems increasingly pursue logistics and optimisation: from fleet management of shared cars and bikes to enterprises that provide integrated mobility-as-a-service.Governmental planning agencies and public transport operators cooperate with trendy firms to consign the use of unsustainable private cars to the history books.
What is the Master of Engineering: Logistics and Traffic all about?
Our society demands engineers that are ambitious, critical, creative, alaytical and open-minded. Those who fully understand the many technological possibilities to make mobility and logistics cleaner, safer, more reliable, more customized and more efficient.
KU Leuven's Master of Engineering: Logistics and Traffic trains you in traffic and intelligent transportation systems and in logistics and transportation. The programme equips you to understand the complex interaction between logistics and traffic and explores techniques for optimising processes them through the application and consequence management of new, smart transportation technologies.
- a remedial programme (max. 15 credits), building enabling skills for transport engineers
- a common core programme which is required for all students (58 credits):- a logistics track in which you learn how transportation stakeholders optimise decisions- a traffic track where you analyse, plan and design interactions among decision makers within the transportation infrastructure- some courses fuse elements of both tracks
- general interest courses (9-13 credits)
- elective courses from list of additional courses or free choice (min. 10 and max 29 credits)
- and a master’s thesis (24 credits), crucial to enable you to develop deeper knowledge, understanding, capabilities and attitudes in a topic of your choice.
Many of the master’s theses are in collaboration with a company and several courses are taught by visiting professors.
- Promising career path: this programme has a high scientific quality, diverse content, dynamic and committed teaching staff and management team and the demand for the graduates’ profile is very high.
- Specialist: within Belgium we have a unique programme combining traffic and logistics. The programme responds to a societal need, which translates into an industrial opportunity. The mix of mandatory and elective courses enables you to become a specialist in logistics and traffic engineering and in one area of your choice.
- Europe at your doorstep: at the Faculty of Engineering Science, students are given the opportunity to complete one or two semesters of their degree within the Erasmus+ programme at a European university, or a university outside Europe. Students are also encouraged to carry out industrial and research internships abroad under the supervision of the Internship Coordinator.
KU Leuven Online Open Day
We are organising an online open day on Wednesday 1 December 2021 to inform students about our English-language programmes. Discover Europe’s most innovative university and learn more about our international programmes, admissions, housing and much more. For more information, google “KU Leuven Online Open Day”.
Please consult the programme website for recent information on admission requirements.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Scholarships & funding
Please consult our website for recent information on available scholarships.
Please consult our website for recent information on tuition fees.
All master students Logistics and Traffic who graduate, immediately find a job in the private sector, governments and research institutes. Many companies from the public as well as the private sector are looking for experts with a logistics and traffic background.
These sectors are looking for experts:
- transportation tech companies (navigation, mobility services, mapping)
- consulting, engineering offices
- public transport companies
- logistics consultants
- logistic service providers & operators
- sea and airport (terminal) operators
- automotive and suppliers
- local, regional and European governments
- educational and research institutes
A variety of functions:
- (system) developer and designer
- logistics manager
- project manager
- infrastructure planner
- operational manager
- fleet manager
- space and mobility expert
- mobility consultant
- traffic modeller
- researcher, ...
About this institute
KU Leuven. Inspiring the Outstanding
KU Leuven is Europe’s most innovative university. Located in Belgium, it is dedicated to research, education, and service to society. KU Leuven is a founding member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) and has a strong European and...
Why study at KU Leuven
A Highly Ranked University
According to international rankings, KU Leuven is among the best 100 universities in the world. Moreover, KU Leuven was ranked as most innovative university of Europe by Reuters four years in a row (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019). All of KU Leuven’s disciplines proudly belong to the top 100 of their field. Scholars and researchers, teachers and visionaries, thinkers and makers all have their place in KU Leuven’s fertile intellectual habitat.
Most Innovative University in Europe
KU Leuven has been identified as Europe’s most innovative university for four years in a row by Reuters. By developing the most important drug against HIV, a new type of solar panel that converts oxygen into hydrogen and uncovering the secrets of Sagalassos, KU Leuven researchers have a profound impact on our everyday lives in nearly all fields of research. That innovative character is deeply embedded in the way we teach our students, by integrating relevant guest lectures, taking an Interdisciplinary approach and opening the most advanced research and education facilities.
A Comprehensive University
As a comprehensive university, KU Leuven offers a wide range of disciplines organized by 15 faculties. Each of these disciplines is ranked in the top 100 of its field according to the THE World University Rankings by subject. Half of the university’s faculties are even in the top 50 within their fields of study.
Want to know more about Master of Engineering: Logistics and Traffic (Leuven)? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...