The master program of Regional Governance was designed, given the interdisciplinary character of public administration. The knowledge and abilities necessary for a qualified specialist of public administration are formed by five components: research, structures and administration, public policy development, organization and management, including implementation and evaluation of public policy, governance.
The aim of master program of regional governance is enabling professionals to gain understanding of theory and practice of regional governance. It emphasizes the question of how can be dealt with the public policy implementation issues related to cohesion policy of regions in most sustainable, effective and democratic ways. The objective is for students to developing competences to 1) advance discussions on regional issues and solutions; 2) accomplish research; initiate change; 3) take responsibilities of leadership; 4) master regional projects; 5) consolidate interests; coordinate governance networks.
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS > 5.5, TOEFL > 75, CEFR > B2.
- Entry qualification documents: Higher school certificate for Bachelor/University Bachelor (a minimum of 3 years) degree certificate and its supplement for Master’s studies.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) >60%.
Some specific requirements may vary from country to country. You can find more information by visiting the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Regional Development
- Methodologies of Regional Governance
- Globalization and Internationalization of Economy
- Scientific Work 1
- Inter-Institutional Organizational Networks
- Participatory Governance in Regions
- Sustainable Development for Organizations
- Scientific Work 2
- The Evaluation of Regional Programs
- Master Thesis
- Organizational Culture Development
- Strategic Communication
- EU Regional Policy
- Accountability of Civil Servants
- European Models of Democracy
- Working With GIS: Analysis and Mapping
Tuition fee: €3,989 per year
- Credits: 90 ECTS
- Award: MSc (Master of Public Administration)
The study field courses provide students with fundamental knowledge of public administration, develop their methodological-theoretical, analytical, comparative, and forecasting skills of research into processes and events, and train creative, communicative special and social skills of activity in public institutions.
That part of the study program is made of courses which provide students with the knowledge of public administration, region development, the theories of regional governance, the institutional and policy arrangements for evaluation, inter-institutional networks and the principles of their analysis, and participatory governance in the regions.
That part of studies covers theoretical and professional courses mandatory for an master program of Regional Governance and provides knowledge and abilities necessary for the acquisition of the qualification of the Master of Public Administration.
Masters of regional governance can proceed with their professional carriers as public official, researcher, expert, policy consultant in the private and public sector both in Lithuania and abroad.
The graduates of master program of regional governance can continue their studies at doctoral level and work at:
- Supranational institutions: for example EC DG Regio directorate;
- Administration of international organizations: for example the Council of the Baltic Sea States;
- National, regional and local administrations.
About this institute
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational institution, a national and Baltic Region leader in the field of marine sciences and studies integrated into international academic networks, fosterer of cultural heritage, and a centre for lifelong learning. Established on 1 January...
Why study at Klaipeda University
- Diploma recognized worldwide
- Unique study programs, such as archeology and marine study programs
- Small and cozy
- At the sea
Want to know more about Regional Governance? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...