Marine Transport Engineering
This is a unique study program, upon completion of which you will acquire knowledge of both marine transport engineering and information technology. In the contemporay world with the 4.0 Industrial Revolution, IT knowledge is critical to implementing and adapting innovations in transportation, manufacturing, and other human activities. These studies will help you keep pace with the latest technologies and innovations.
After lectures, prospective engineers will practice in the well-equipped laboratories of the Faculty, adapted for both study and research, and in the Laboratory of Mechanical and Marine Engineering of the Marine Research Institute. Moreover, we are the only university to have our own FLEET!
This study program opens a wide range of employment and career opportunities for graduates in shipping technical departments, ship design, construction, and repair companies, research institutions, and public and private companies of other types of transport and industries where modern automated technology management systems are implemented and developed. Graduates of this study program work as engineers, specialists, project managers, and heads of technical departments; quite a few of them hold the positions of technical managers of companies or strive for high results in research and academic activities.
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS > 5.5, TOEFL > 75, CEFR > B2.
- Entry qualification documents: Higher school certificate for Bachelor/University Bachelor (a minimum of 3 years) degree certificate and its supplement for Master’s studies.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) >60%.
Some specific requirements may vary from country to country. You can find more information by visiting the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- General Chemistry
- Materials Engineering
- Introduction to Specialty
- Mathematics 1
- Engineering Graphics With CAD
- Professional Foreign Language 1
- Theoretical Mechanics
- Programs for Computer Aided Design
- Mechanics of Materials
- Mathematics 2
- Physics 1
- Professional Foreign Language 2
- Professional Speech and Expression
- Electrical Engineering and Electronics
- Physics 2
- Theory of Machines and Mechanisms. Machine Elements
- Probability Theory and Applied Statistics
- Elective General Course 1
- Specialization Electives
- Elective General Course 2
- Specialization Electives
Liquefied Natural Gas Engineering and Management
- Environmental Engineering
- Technical Thermodynamics and Heat Technology
- Process Engineering
- Stuctural Design Technologies
Naval Architecture and Shipbuilding
- Ship Engineering Graphics
- Welding Engineering
- Ship Equipment & Project Work
- Ship Statics
Tuition fee: €3,431 per year
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Award: BSc (Bachelor of Engineering Sciences)
Preparation of Integrated Marine Engineering and Information Technology opens up career opportunities for an engineer, constructor, technical division manager, project manager in ship design, construction and maintenance companies, port authorities; offshore and onshore LNG terminals; natural gas supply and maintenance companies; classification companies, transport technology automation, and automated management companies.
About this institute
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational institution, a national and Baltic Region leader in the field of marine sciences and studies integrated into international academic networks, fosterer of cultural heritage, and a centre for lifelong learning. Established on 1 January...
Why study at Klaipeda University
- Diploma recognized worldwide
- Unique study programs, such as archeology and marine study programs
- Small and cozy
- At the sea
Average rating 5Based on 1 reviews.
Want to know more about Marine Transport Engineering? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
You may also like...