About this program
The Informatics study programme offers a comprehensive curriculum designed to equip students with the necessary skills and knowledge to develop software systems using the latest technologies and techniques. The programme focuses on the areas of computational science, software systems, and data analysis.
Students will explore a wide range of modules, including webpage design, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, computer architecture and operating systems, Artificial Intelligence, data mining, and simulation modelling, and cybersecurity. These modules will provide a solid foundation for understanding and developing complex software systems.
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS > 5.5, TOEFL > 75, CEFR > B2.
- Entry qualification documents: Higher school certificate for Bachelor/University Bachelor (a minimum of 3 years) degree certificate and its supplement for Master’s studies.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) >60%.
Some specific requirements may vary from country to country. You can find more information by visiting the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
Tuition fees: 3,727 EUR per year
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Awards: BSc (Bachelor of Informatics Sciences)
The Informatics undergraduate study programme is well positioned to address several global issues related to the use of technology and data in our society. In particular, the Informatics study programme is linked to these particular global issues:
- Cybersecurity: Our cybersecurity module addresses the issues related to the increased reliance on technology in every aspect of our lives. Students gain the skills to design and implement secure software systems, protect sensitive data, and manage cyber risks.
- Artificial Intelligence: Our AI module addresses the concerns related to the rapid development of AI technologies and their impact on society, such as the potential for job displacement and the bias in decision-making algorithms. Students gain an understanding of the ethical and social implications of AI development.
- Sustainable Development: This is a global issue that requires innovative solutions to address the complex challenges facing our planet. Our Simulation Modelling module provides students with the skills to analyse and model complex data sets related to this theme.
- Privacy and Data Protection: With the increasing amount of personal data being collected and processed by organizations, privacy and data protection have become global issues. Our Data Mining module addresses this issue by providing students with an understanding of data protection regulations and techniques for anonymizing sensitive data.
- Accessibility: Our Webpage Design module addresses the global issue of digital accessibility by providing students with the skills to design and develop web pages that are accessible to people with disabilities.
Message the school
About this institute
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational institution, a national and Baltic Region leader in the field of marine sciences and studies integrated into international academic networks, fosterer of cultural heritage, and a centre for lifelong learning. Established on 1 January...
Why study at Klaipeda University
- Diploma recognized worldwide
- Unique study programs, such as archeology and marine study programs
- Small and cozy
- At the sea
Want to know more about Informatics? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!