About this program
Not only is the following study programme based on common linguistic studies in English, but also on practically applied English Philology studies, and aims to prepare competent specialists in linguistics, who shall be able to apply linguistic knowledge and communicative competences in a creative manner when interacting in two foreign languages. The programme may be viewed as highly relevant: due to Lithuania‘s geo-political position and peculiarities of the labour market, it is necessary to have specialists fluent in two foreign languages, as well as possess fundamental linguistic knowledge and high-level communication skills.
The aim of the programme is to train specialists proficient in linguistics, provide them with fundamental linguistic knowledge, high-level communicative competences in English Philology relevant on the labour market. Future-specialists shall be able to analyse and study the following languages in an intercultural range, shall gain the basics of translation and be capable of applying their knowledge when communicating and collaborating with people in two foreign languages.
- Proof of English language proficiency: IELTS > 5.5, TOEFL > 75, CEFR > B2.
- Entry qualification documents: Higher school certificate for Bachelor/University Bachelor (a minimum of 3 years) degree certificate and its supplement for Master’s studies.
- Minimum average grade (CGPA) >60%.
Some specific requirements may vary from country to country. You can find more information by visiting the university website.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
The structure of the curriculum
- English Language (1-8)
- Introduction to Linguistics
- English Language Structure (1-4)
- History and Culture of Great Britain
- Intercultural Communication
- Swedish/Spanish/German Language (1-8)
- Swedish/Spanish/German Language Structure (1-4)
- English Lexicology
- Basics of Research Paper Writing
- Trends in Modern Linguistics
- Seminar in Linguistics
- Literary Seminar
- English Stylistics
- Translation Theory and Practice (English – Lithuanian – English)
- Swedish/Spanish/German Culture and Society
- Applied Rhetoric
- Text Linguistics
- Translation Practicum (Swedish/ Spanish/German – Lithuanian)
- Special Topics in Linguistics (in Swedish/in Spanish/in German)
Tuition fees: 3,727 EUR per year
- Credits: 240 ECTS
- Awards: BSc (Master of Humanities Sciences)
Intended learning outcomes of the following study programme correspond to the areas of occupational activities, according to which trained specialists shall be able to: Pursue a career in the Klaipėda City Municipality; Klaipėda Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Crafts; local, international insurance companies; Klaipėda city and regional tourist information centres; cultural, educational information centres; Lithuanian sea shipping and other marine organizations; translation departments of city and regional newspaper offices Klaipėda, Vakarų ekspresas, magazine Jūra, and other city or regional institutions and bodies; Continue their studies in MA study programmes in the field of linguistics or find jobs in any other region in Lithuania, EU, or worldwide (international institutions or business offices). The programme allows realization of competences in a broad geographical and cultural sense.
Message the school
About this institute
Klaipeda University is a multidisciplinary educational institution, a national and Baltic Region leader in the field of marine sciences and studies integrated into international academic networks, fosterer of cultural heritage, and a centre for lifelong learning. Established on 1 January...
Why study at Klaipeda University
- Diploma recognized worldwide
- Unique study programs, such as archeology and marine study programs
- Small and cozy
- At the sea
Want to know more about English Philology? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!