Physics - Ph.D.Kent State University
Physics - Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in Physics provides training of professionals to conduct independently conceived programs of research or teaching in universities or research laboratories. Original research is required in fundamental or applied areas of physics, and the Ph.D. dissertation must be orally defended. Two years of graduate coursework, plus four years of research are typical.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Classical Electrodynamics II
- Statistical Mechanics I
- Quantum Mechanics II
- Quantum Mechanics III
- Particle Physics
- Applications of Quantum Chromodynamics or Advanced Condensed Matter
- Physics or Liquid Crystal Physics
- Solid State Physics I
- Dissertation I
For more information about tuition fees for this program, please contact the school.
Graduates of these programs will be able to:
- Demonstrate cognitive skills important to a physicist
- Demonstrate a core knowledge and understanding of the foundations of physics.
- Communicate results of their work to peers, to various target groups within the physics community and to people outside the discipline.
About this institute
Kent State University
At Kent State University, people hail from every corner of the globe to do work that paves the way for a brighter tomorrow. Here, you’ll find world-class faculty serving as researchers and mentors, alumni leaders in business, healthcare, education, and...
Want to know more about Physics - Ph.D.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...
Doctorate / PhD
Doctorate / PhD
San Cristóbal de La Laguna, Spain