Business Analytics - M.S.Kent State University
Business Analytics - M.S.
All available course dates
About this program
Business Analytics - M.S.
The Master of Science degree in Business Analytics provides students with a comprehensive knowledge of analytics that balances the technologies, analytical methods and business expertise needed to glean useful information from data to make strategic business decisions. The language of business today is dependent on information and data management, and the emergence of advanced technologies for capturing, preparing and analyzing data provides unprecedented opportunities for those with business analytics expertise that spans all industries and organizations.
Students in the Business Analytics major gain the technical, analytical, communication, decision-making and leadership skills needed to be successful business analysts. The curriculum includes integrative capstone analysis projects, and there is an internship option for additional professional development through the on-site College of Business Administration's Career Services Office.
- Bachelor's degree in business or in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics discipline from an accredited college or university1 for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 undergraduate GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
- Official transcript(s)
- GMAT scores with minimum 500 overall (40th percentile in verbal and 60th percentile in quantitative sections minimum) or GRE scores (effective spring 2021, the minimum scores will no longer be required and the GMAT or GRE requirement will be waived for (1) applicants who earned a Kent State bachelor's degree within the past five years and had a minimum 3.500 overall GPA and (2) applicants with three or more years of relevant work experience.)
English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 550 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 79 TOEFL IBT score (internet-based version)
- Minimum 77 MELAB score
- Minimum 6.5 IELTS score
- Minimum 58 PTE score
- Minimum 110 Duolingo English Test score
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Quantitative Management Modeling
- Business Analytics
- Advanced Data Mining and Predictive Analytics
- Analytics in Practice
- Fundamentals of Machine Learning
- Advanced Machine Learning
- Database Management and Database Analytics
- Internship in Business Analytics
Major Electives, choose from the following:
- Data Mining Techniques
- Big Data Analytics
- Econometrics I
- Enterprise Architecture
- Data Science
- Clinical Analytics
- Semantic Analysis Methods and Technologies
- Systems Simulation
- Data Visualization
- Global Supply Chain Business Models
- Capstone Project in Business Analytics
- Leadership and Organizational Change
- Marketing Research
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please visit the university's website for more information.
- Tuition fees for online Ohio Resident students (Below 11 Credit Hours) : $536 per credit hour
- Tuition fees for online Non Ohio Resident & Internatonal students (11-18 Credit Hours) : $999 per credit hour
- Tuition fees for online Ohio Resident students (11-18 Credit Hours) : $5,896 per year
- Tuition fees for online Non Ohio Resident & Internatonal students (11-18 Credit Hours) : $10,989 per year
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify key characteristics of the business problem
- Identify opportunities and constraints of various data analytical frameworks and tools.
- Formulate appropriate data analytic techniques to solve the business problem.
- Perform necessary data preparation steps (retrieve, clean and manipulate data).
- Demonstrate necessary theoretical knowledge and practical skills to implement several data-analytic frameworks using different tools.
- Lead and work with teams to frame the business problem.
- Convey in writing the outcomes of analytics for stakeholders.
- Use visual outcomes of analytics to communicate orally effective messages for stakeholders
Message the school
About this institute
Kent State University
At Kent State University, people hail from every corner of the globe to do work that paves the way for a brighter tomorrow. Here, you’ll find world-class faculty serving as researchers and mentors, alumni leaders in business, healthcare, education, and...
Want to know more about Business Analytics - M.S.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...