About this program
Bio Sci-Ecology/Evolution Bio - Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences—Ecology and Evolutionary Biology provides opportunities to study in areas such as animal behavior, entomology, limnology, microbial ecology, ornithology, systems ecology, systematic and evolutionary biology, environmental physiology, vertebrate ecology and population and community ecology. Although courses of study are tailored to students’ interests and needs, the program for all students normally includes training in population, community, ecosystems and evolutionary ecology and statistical theory. Because of the interdisciplinary nature of ecology, students are encouraged to take courses in geology, mathematics, chemistry and other disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university for unconditional admission
- Strong background in biology and related subjects such as chemistry and mathematics1
- Minimum 3.000 GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 PTE score
- Minimum 120 Duolingo English Test score
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Biological Statistics
- Responsible Conduct in Research and Teaching-biological Sciences
- Ecological and Evolutionary Genetics
- Evolutionary Biology
- Communities and Ecosystems
- Population and Community Ecology
- Seminar in Ecology (Repeated Each Semester Until Candidacy)
- Dissertation I
For more information about tuition fees for this program, please contact the school.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Understand advanced biological concepts beyond the scope of the typical undergraduate degree, and increase the depth of their knowledge through coursework and hands-on experiences.
- Apply scientific principles and appreciate work outside of their particular field.
- Effectively communicate about science with colleagues as well as those outside of the student's area of expertise.
- Develop the necessary laboratory skills that will allow testing of hypotheses.
Message the school
About this institute
Kent State University
At Kent State University, people hail from every corner of the globe to do work that paves the way for a brighter tomorrow. Here, you’ll find world-class faculty serving as researchers and mentors, alumni leaders in business, healthcare, education, and...
Want to know more about Bio Sci-Ecology/Evolution Bio - Ph.D.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!