About this program
Bio Sci-Cell Bio/Molecular Gen - Ph.D.
The Ph.D. degree in Biological Sciences Cell Biology and Molecular Genetics is an individualized program of study and research that prepares students for career opportunities in teaching and research in academic, governmental and industrial settings. A core series of courses sets a rigorous foundation in theory, experimental design and technical knowledge of contemporary investigations at the cellular level of organization. Areas of research include developmental biology, cellular and developmental neuroscience, immunology, reproductive biology, cellular endocrinology and molecular genetics.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university1 for unconditional admission
- Minimum 3.000 GPA on a 4.000 point scale for unconditional admission
English language proficiency - all international students must provide proof of English language proficiency (unless they meet specific exceptions) by earning one of the following:
- Minimum 587 TOEFL PBT score (paper-based version)
- Minimum 94 TOEFL IBT score (Internet-based version)
- Minimum 82 MELAB score
- Minimum 7.0 IELTS score
- Minimum 65 PTE score
- Minimum 120 Duolingo English Test score
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL iBT® test is accepted by 11,500 universities and higher education institutions in over 160 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Biological Statistics
- Eukaryotic Cell Biology
- Selected Readings in Eukaryotic Cell Biology
- Responsible Conduct in Research and Teaching-biological Sciences
- Seminar in Physiology (Repeated Each Semester Until Candidacy)
- Dissertation I
For more information about tuition fees for this program, please contact the school.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Understand advanced biological concepts beyond the scope of the typical undergraduate degree and to increase the depth of their knowledge through coursework and hands-on experiences.
- Apply scientific principles and appreciate work outside of their particular field.
- Effectively communicate about science with colleagues as well as those outside of the student's area of expertise.
- Develop the necessary laboratory skills that will allow testing of hypotheses.
Message the school
About this institute
Kent State University
At Kent State University, people hail from every corner of the globe to do work that paves the way for a brighter tomorrow. Here, you’ll find world-class faculty serving as researchers and mentors, alumni leaders in business, healthcare, education, and...
Want to know more about Bio Sci-Cell Bio/Molecular Gen - Ph.D.? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!