Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing
The MEng program is designed for high-potential individuals to bridge the gap between traditional undergraduate programs in life sciences and engineering and the skills required for a successful career in development and manufacturing for the biopharmaceutical industry. Students will gain these skills via traditional seminars and lectures, workshops led by industry experts, practical hands-on lab courses, professional training, internships, individual and team projects, and independent and industry-led research projects.
About the Program
The MEng program is an intensive two-year program housed within the Amgen Bioprocessing Center (ABC) at KGI. The program is designed to train students to become bioprocess engineering professionals employed within the biopharmaceutical industry.
English Language Proficiency (TOEFL, PTE, IELTS, iTEP).
Please contact the institute for more information.
Does this course require proof of English proficiency?
The TOEFL® test is accepted by 10,000+ universities and higher education institutes in over 150 countries. Book your test today!Learn more
- Core and prerequisite courses are combined to build basic skills in biopharmaceutical processing
- Foundational knowledge varies depending on a students undergraduate degree
- Fundamental courses in quality/ regulatory, business, and science
Students choose one of the following options:
- Paid Industry Internship
- Team Masters Project (TMP)
- Independent Research
- Courses designed to give students real-world skills and training in the biopharmaceutical industry
- Advanced technical, management, and professional skill development courses
- Team Design Project to create an innovative solution to a bioprocess engineering design challenge
Scholarships & funding
Several scholarship options are available. Please check the university website for more information.
Tuition fees for the course:
- Semester fee - $20,700
- Yearly fee - $41,400
With a MEng Degree from KGI, You will:
- Gain a powerful network through hands-on coaching and mentoring by senior academics and industry experts, housed within KGI’s Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Develop scientific and technical skills through participation in conference-style lectures, seminars, individual and teamwork assignments, and a capstone Team Design Project.
- Become skilled in key biomanufacturing areas, including product and process development, process validation, CMC regulatory compliance, and quality.
- Enhance your professional skills and obtain knowledge of management issues within the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Participate in a paid industry internship, take part in a team project sponsored by the industry, or participate in research activities within the Amgen Bioprocessing Center.
- Learn essential skills required for a rewarding career in biopharmaceutical processing.
- Process development scientist and engineer
- Regulatory scientist
- Manufacturing science and technology(MS&T)specialist
- Process design engineer
- Process technology transfer& validation specialist
- Upstreamcell culture specialist Downstreampurification specialist
- Finished Product formulation, filling & lyo specialist
- Technology innovation specialist
- Project management
- Product and portfolio management
About this institute
Keck Graduate Institute
Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) in Claremont, California offers a variety of innovative graduate programs and certificates that integrate life sciences, health sciences, genetics, engineering, and business with a focus on industry projects, internships, and team collaborations....
Want to know more about Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing? Fill out the following form and we'll pass your details on to a representative from the school, who will respond to your enquiry.
Be the first to write a review!
You may also like...